Tshwane Classic

Vetplant

Also did a ride up TJ 2 weeks ago just to see how tough it is again. (last time I went up there was in the pre-Strava days, remember those..) It's tough but hurts less than Wonderboom nek IMO.

Agree , Wonderboom feels a bit longer. As long as youdo not get a cramp on the climb it should be fine.

2 More months to get stronger and lighter should also help.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our own pro sprinter on the top of the leader board.

His little brother (Sub Vet) pusing 1000w avg these days OVER A MINUTE  :wacko:  :blink:  sitting plush at 5th

A crazy vegan at second

The first true climber (also pro) sitting at 3rd.  (I see Jacques riding Vuelta at the moment.  :thumbup: )

Muaritian (current yellow jersey wearer at Tour de Maurice) sitting at 6th.

Impressive pedigree.......

post-25-0-01543900-1504785490_thumb.jpg

Up which climb is this? How is it possible that no3 is faster with 391W than no 5 with 574W.

is it purely weight or are there other factors involved? I noticed you said 3 is a true climber, so I assume the reason must be weight then.

Is he that much lighter that he can go up that faster with so many less watts?

Up which climb is this? How is it possible that no3 is faster with 391W than no 5 with 574W.

is it purely weight or are there other factors involved? I noticed you said 3 is a true climber, so I assume the reason must be weight then.

Is he that much lighter that he can go up that faster with so many less watts?

The climb:  https://www.strava.com/segments/993878

#5 weigh as much as me.  80kg.  Lean is maybe a bit lighter.  75?  there abouts I am guessing. 

#3 weighs (last time I heard) 55-60kg

Huge huge huge difference.

Also.

#3 did not use a power meter.  Estimated by Strava

#5 is actual power stats

• 1 month later...

I'm getting a little bit nervous, my training has completely fallen flat the last few weeks, and I suspect this might turn into a bit of a sufferfest!

Going to be good. I'm treating it as a training ride as I'm doing it with a fairly unfit friend. Will probably do a couple of Klapperkop climbs straight after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to do Wilro until I saw there is a fair amount of climbing here and I need the race climbing training. I can go climb all day long while training but hit hekpoort with 100km in the legs and I pop. So will do this one instead.

Once again great calender planning with multiple races on one day.

I wonder which race majority will pick? The flatter wilro or the hillier tshwane?

Doing the 60km route to get keep it short and intense without the boring highway section out to Pelindaba. Using it as prep for 947

I wonder which race majority will pick? The flatter wilro or the hillier tshwane?

Actually more idiotic than that... 

Protea Cycle Challenge at the Vaal (?!) and Mangaung Cycle Tour in Bloem, which means no FS riders at any of the Gauteng events. 

And, yet, one race in August and one in September. 

Actually more idiotic than that... 

Protea Cycle Challenge at the Vaal (?!) and Mangaung Cycle Tour in Bloem, which means no FS riders at any of the Gauteng events. 

And, yet, one race in August and one in September. 

Yip, wouldn't mind doing this with full road closure, but travelling out of town on a weekend when there actually is a cycle race on seems like a waste of money and definitely illogical. Why suffer in a different city when you can suffer right on your own doorstep. 

Was going to do Wilro until I saw there is a fair amount of climbing here and I need the race climbing training. I can go climb all day long while training but hit hekpoort with 100km in the legs and I pop. So will do this one instead.

LWB, you riding tandem?? I am with my wife. Gonna be a goodie but a toughie!

Easy choice - full road closure 

Easy choice - full road closure 

This will make a huge impact on Wilro's numbers in the coming years...

If Tswane is a decent event it will eventually be the event to ride on that day.

This will make a huge impact on Wilro's numbers in the coming years...

If Tswane is a decent event it will eventually be the event to ride on that day.

That's my point. Wilro used to be in early-/mid- September.

I suspect they'll have to move back in 2018 with this clustering in October/November. 

Archived