[Event] The 36ONE MTB Challenge 2018

Tanya De Abreu Fernandes

The war is being fought within my body right now ... millions of evil devils are wreaking havoc in every limb. My earlobes are even sore!

Well done to everyone that took part. It's a crazy ride.

MaidenMole, Well Done on your 4th Place, Proper ride that ! Great riding with you to Halfway !

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eks hier korporaal

just playing catchup at work

23h6m finish time

that last 80km was torture

full report to follow

31162314_10155683889453212_3589958889786

my biggest supporter

31131403_1371617329648876_76797397109728

"that last 80km was torture"

Yip...it's a race on it's own that section.

Edited by GAP

You guys are an inspiration to a guy me who is only tackling the 170km of the Swartberg Gran Fondo this weekend.

I'll think of you when I battle up the pass on Saturday.

Edited by eddy

Well done to all who attempted, finished and smashed the 36One! What a long day I had, came home just after 22.00 after 28 hours and some change on the bike. Knees started bugging after CP1 so spent almost 300km's in the paincave, a smallish one up untill Rooiberg and the mother of all Cango caves from there to the finish.

Started pushing some sections on Rooiberg and realised that it helped the pain in the knees a bit so did a lot of walking on the last stage. My hands are still numb in places and apparently I have big toes but cannot feel them at this point...

post-11333-0-29715600-1524562836_thumb.jpg

Darts... a nice sport to set a target for yourself and throw everything at it!

People wonder how you became a Savage... with puns like that its obvious.

Did Jean Biermans ride? Don't see a result for him.

pulled out just before CP1 (i think)

edit:

Edited by fanievb

31162314_10155683889453212_3589958889786

Bid jy uit dankbaarheid of huil jy van die pyn?

Edited by sias

On a negative note. What was it with this stone throwing incident(s) on Friday night after CP1?  I saw a visitors post on FB and the person was very disgruntled with 36One organisers and -and because of one of the incidents of stone throwing and the handling of cutoff times etc. 

Not good. I've only had/have good things to say about this race. Still do.

Its a pity  :mellow:

pulled out just before CP1 (i think)

edit:

Did Jean Biermans ride? Don't see a result for him.

Das was a monumental F*****up. Sorry to hear that, sure he'll come back strong next year.

Edited by GAP

Not cool to hear about the stone throwing incidents. Look, there were a fair share of inebriated local residents next to the road in the dark on the route - one bearded chap ran out at us from nowhere with drink in hand, but he was harmless. Maybe some overzealous drinkers taking a pot shot or two for the helluvit?

Not cool to hear about the stone throwing incidents. Look, there were a fair share of inebriated local residents next to the road in the dark on the route - one bearded chap ran out at us from nowhere with drink in hand, but he was harmless. Maybe some overzealous drinkers taking a pot shot or two for the helluvit?

It's Friday night, just got paid. Last year one of the local dogs (sure it was drinking also) tried to chow my leg off after leaving CP2, I used some language it understood to scare it off.

I enjoyed the race.

My hand is still numb though and I have rear that only a baboon could love!!

Hopefully I can get through the Swartberg 100 on Saturday!

Dude to do 2 big rides a week apart is not a good idea...just saying. You going to take quite some time to recover from this ride.