WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. . And yes it's unfair on you the organisers that work so hard and I am sorry for that, but I am so gatvol of them.

I am gatvol that they get away with this, that they have only survived because they bully organisers and riders into buying licences and affiliation fees..they have done jack squat development..and they must not come with aah we sent riders to worlds. .that is not development..that is only sending youngsters into a competition where they are so outgunned because there has been bugger all development.

Edit

To add.. before my son got involved in hockey I probably wouldn't be so gatvol with CSA as what I am..but I see now what real development is at hockey youth level in our province ... and CSA are NOT developing cycling at youth level. .nothing nada bugger all

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

wait till you get involved with Athletics South Africa  :ph34r:  :cursing:  :whistling:

Fully agree with you.

I am not saying the hockey is coming at no financial cost..it has been up an down all over the province and yes his upcoming tour is costing a bit. . But it is the opportunity they have been given..HP training almost once a week since Oct last year..proper coaching (which is free), nutritionist are available if need be...etc. and they have a plan. . A long term plan.

Now we are starting to talk about development.. have CSA ever done anything like this (in recent times?

Edited by Gen

I am not saying the hockey is coming at no financial cost..it has been up an down all over the province and yes his upcoming tour is costing a bit. . But it is the opportunity they have been given..HP training almost once a week since Oct last year..proper coaching (which is free), nutritionist are available if need be...etc.

Now we are starting to talk about development.. have CSA ever done anything like this (in recent times?

Agree. You will be more "die moer in" if you see how things get done here.  How much you can do with so little.  I take for example the air gun shooting my daughter and I are doing here.  We paid 40€ per year membership fees per person.  My daughter gets her own rifle, she is supplied the kit (jackets etc) and it is reserved for her.  We only pay 1€ per shooting exercise.  They take the kids on tournaments (no extra costs), provide coaching.  And the municpality helps with facilities. We are not even talking Soccer yet that gets huge funding.

Agree. You will be more "die moer in" if you see how things get done here.  How much you can do with so little.  I take for example the air gun shooting my daughter and I are doing here.  We paid 40€ per year membership fees per person.  My daughter gets her own rifle, she is supplied the kit (jackets etc) and it is reserved for her.  We only pay 1€ per shooting exercise.  They take the kids on tournaments (no extra costs), provide coaching.  And the municpality helps with facilities. We are not even talking Soccer yet that gets huge funding.

With our current exchange rate, thats like a bajillionty Rand!

With the current exchange rate that might be the price of  a Cycle Tour entry (almost).

that is less than a Tygerberg MTB Club Membership fee

I know. . And yes it's unfair on you the organisers that work so hard and I am sorry for that, but I am so gatvol of them.

I am gatvol that they get away with this, that they have only survived because they bully organisers and riders into buying licences and affiliation fees..they have done jack squat development..and they must not come with aah we sent riders to worlds. .that is not development..that is only sending youngsters into a competition where they are so outgunned because there has been bugger all development.

Edit

To add.. before my son got involved in hockey I probably wouldn't be so gatvol with CSA as what I am..but I see now what real development is at hockey youth level in our province ... and CSA are NOT developing cycling at youth level. .nothing nada bugger all

at the race I'm involved with, the majority of the riders are members of CSA, with 2.9% having been forced to buy a day licence, so yes the number may be small but as an organiser they are just as important as the members.

We have a sanctioned event on Sunday, and there's no way we should be charging non members for a day licence. Watch this space!

that is less than a Tygerberg MTB Club Membership fee

The equipment is not cheap.  We had to replace the gas canister for two pistols the other day at just over 100€ a shot.  The rifles and pistols are well over 1000€ a piece.  Yet we are doing well and the youth development is doing very well.

Edited by Bateleur1

Old, but interesting in retrospect. Even though the answers given is a bit ...

http://www.treadmtb.co.za/beer-with-mike-bradley-general-manager-csa/

Strange how he says in the article that one of the needs of calendar fees so to speak is to ensure your race does not clash with another one on the same weekend detracting numbers from other events? Funny they do not seem to get this entirely right. They need to look wider than just saying the event is in another province so it does not clash

The equipment is not cheap.  We had to replace the gas canister for two pistols the other day at just over 100€ a shot.  The rifles and pistols are well over 1000€ a piece.  Yet we are doing well and the youth development is doing very well.

Shooting is just as ridiculous as cycling(cost wise). My dad and I went 50/50 on a 2nd hand Anschutz, bought it from a guy who's son showed promise but lost interest in the sport. 

Still ended up costing nearly 30k

The **** just hit the fan if I am to believe a certain e-mail I just received!!!

We are all still waiting, Sias! Not so concerned about the fan, but what **** and what email?

Agree. You will be more "die moer in" if you see how things get done here. How much you can do with so little. I take for example the air gun shooting my daughter and I are doing here. We paid 40€ per year membership fees per person. My daughter gets her own rifle, she is supplied the kit (jackets etc) and it is reserved for her. We only pay 1€ per shooting exercise. They take the kids on tournaments (no extra costs), provide coaching. And the municpality helps with facilities. We are not even talking Soccer yet that gets huge funding.

Incredible

When did club and provincial structures fall away?

And I don't mean just having a club, I mean like a club league?

Edited by Gen