Win a Santa Cruz and help build trails with TokaiMTB

News bot

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened this thread with dread - thinking the winner had been announced and I had no phone call yet. Seems there's still time for superluck!

I opened this thread with dread - thinking the winner had been announced and I had no phone call yet. Seems there's still time for superluck!

The draw is happening around 10:30 this morning. The winner will be contacted shortly after.

Not to be nasty or anything, but I'll post pics of my new Hightower LT/Bronson (still making up my mind) as soon as I have it.  :devil: 

Thanks to the rest for participating... :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

When you say "have it", are you referring to the short period of time between collecting it and delivering it to my house?  :whistling:

I wonder if the Nomad would be substantially heavier to ride up the mountain than the Bronson? I want the absolute maximum amount of sus travel and be able to hit DH trails eventually, but still cycle it up to the start with relative ease.

And then of course there's the 27.5" vs 29" debate, which I know is as long as time itself. My 26" was quick in the berms, and the 29" is a donkey. Could 27.5" be the sweet spot? :thumbup:  

When you say "have it", are you referring to the short period of time between collecting it and delivering it to my house?  :whistling:

I wonder if the Nomad would be substantially heavier to ride up the mountain than the Bronson? I want the absolute maximum amount of sus travel and be able to hit DH trails eventually, but still cycle it up to the start with relative ease.

And then of course there's the 27.5" vs 29" debate, which I know is as long as time itself. My 26" was quick in the berms, and the 29" is a donkey. Could 27.5" be the sweet spot? :thumbup:  

Nomad is a good pedaller, by the reviews so far. And if I can ride my behemoth up the hills, you can definitely ride the Nomad. It also comes down to how you spec it. Which tyres you have, whether you care about rolling resistance on the rear etc. Even an Epic can climb like a donkey if you build it burly and put DH tyres on. 

It's not all about the weight. It helps, but there's also suspension design to consider. And the VPP is one of the better pedallers. 

As for 275/29/26 - it's ALL about the geometry. You get 26ers that are utter shaite, just like you get niners that are like a chihuahua on meth (ito the poppiness and ease of direction changes)

Nomad is a good pedaller, by the reviews so far. And if I can ride my behemoth up the hills, you can definitely ride the Nomad. It also comes down to how you spec it. Which tyres you have, whether you care about rolling resistance on the rear etc. Even an Epic can climb like a donkey if you build it burly and put DH tyres on. 

It's not all about the weight. It helps, but there's also suspension design to consider. And the VPP is one of the better pedallers. 

As for 275/29/26 - it's ALL about the geometry. You get 26ers that are utter shaite, just like you get niners that are like a chihuahua on meth (ito the poppiness and ease of direction changes)

In that case I would definitely take the Nomad. In fact, I would be sorely tempted to take the V10 just because I've watched WAAAAAY too much Rampage reruns :P But the odds of me using it to it's full potential or for what it was designed to do is very slim.

Edit: I see that there's a Hightower, and then there's a Hightower LT. The LT is the winner winner chicken dinner. That's the one to take (to the person who wins, take that one. In yellow. Then bring it to me.)

Edited by FrikkieMeyer87

The winner of the Santa Cruz / Juliana is a super excited Michele Harvey.

On behalf of TokaiMTB, thank you all for your generous donations. The proceeds of which will be going into the trails very shortly. TokaiMTB will be reporting the amount raised soon.

On behalf of TokaiMTB, thank you all for your donations. The proceeds of which will be going into the trails very shortly. TokaiMTB will be reporting the amount raised soon.

Congrats to Michele!

What a great initiative.

On behalf of TokaiMTB, thank you all for your donations. The proceeds of which will be going into the trails very shortly. TokaiMTB will be reporting the amount raised soon.

well done Michele!