E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

Look at his rides all but one has speeds 50-95km/h on steep hills

Get use to it... as am sure many of the new KOM's will be set on Ebikes if not a motorbike

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get use to it... as am sure many of the new KOM's will be set on Ebikes if not a motorbike

Will try

I am still trying to get used to people (cyclist) texting and driving.....and now this

eish my life....

If some guy comes up with some absurd times - I flag him just because.

You earn a KOM or top 10.

(I'm one of those dwisses 35% down the list)

If some guy comes up with some absurd times - I flag him just because.

You earn a KOM or top 10.

(I'm one of those dwisses 35% down the list)

I thought my one KOM was almost perfect and relatively unattainable and yesterday a young buck appeared to almost break it without breaking a sweat. Accepting your age and acting it are two entirely separate things. Taking a back-hoe and digging a trench across the path is inappropriate, according to the security there. Oh well, it was only one day's rental.

I'd love to be able to say things like "... my one KOM ..."   :blush:

I thought my one KOM was almost perfect and relatively unattainable and yesterday a young buck appeared to almost break it without breaking a sweat. Accepting your age and acting it are two entirely separate things. Taking a back-hoe and digging a trench across the path is inappropriate, according to the security there. Oh well, it was only one day's rental.

How would you know it was an ebike - I actually wonder if I could even get the KOM say --- from the bottom of Conternman's to the mast on an e-bike.

FLAG

I'd love to be able to say things like "... my one KOM ..." :blush:

It is worse when you realise you can't approach your own any longer. Until you reach that point, you have hope.

How would you know it was an ebike - I actually wonder if I could even get the KOM say --- from the bottom of Conternman's to the mast on an e-bike.

True that.

Makes me think of this one KoM I targeted, it is basically a Wall, I took a huge leadup and still finished 2nd. The guy with the KoM was miles ahead and I assumed it was another flagable ride. But when I scrutinised his ride it all checked out. He is just THAT good.

Now how would you be able to distinguish between a guy that is really THAT good and a guy that is above average who gets some e-bike pedal assist? 

On the segments I care about I know most on the leaderboard so if some random with no KOM's takes it I just flag for the best. Was an e-bike around constania the other day, random person, flag, looked at some more rides and one was a "first day on E-bike" In real life there are no chris froome improvements.

True that.

Makes me think of this one KoM I targeted, it is basically a Wall, I took a huge leadup and still finished 2nd. The guy with the KoM was miles ahead and I assumed it was another flagable ride. But when I scrutinised his ride it all checked out. He is just THAT good.

Now how would you be able to distinguish between a guy that is really THAT good and a guy that is above average who gets some e-bike pedal assist? 

Its like Alphen hill segment, you need a good tail wind, maybe some good traffic and good legs

I just hope to nowadays get a little brown, silver or on very good days, yellow Strava PR cup on my rides and races. 

I created a segment once for a piece of backroad only I ever cycled with a nice climb and gave my best to set a good KOM on the second go. But when I got home to check, some whippersnapper already beat my time by almost 20%... Is no segment sacred anymore? :huh:

I eventually joined Strava as I got to the stage where I thought I might be improving and I wanted to see. Don't have anything fancy just a normal bike computer so for me it's pretty handy.

However, now I must confess to an unknown beforehand slightly competitive streak kicking in....

I eventually joined Strava as I got to the stage where I thought I might be improving and I wanted to see. Don't have anything fancy just a normal bike computer so for me it's pretty handy.

However, now I must confess to an unknown beforehand slightly competitive streak kicking in....

Hehe, Welcome to the Strava club! :thumbup:

Wait till a few hubbers get wind of your account info and you start get comments of all shapes and sizes. Some praise, so jibes and the usual tom-foolery! Then that competitive streak morphs into a whole different beast! :whistling:  :whistling:

Hehe, Welcome to the Strava club! :thumbup:

Wait till a few hubbers get wind of your account info and you start get comments of all shapes and sizes. Some praise, so jibes and the usual tom-foolery! Then that competitive streak morphs into a whole different beast! :whistling: :whistling:

Then soon you will be EPOing just to get KOMs.

Not that it works anymore, apparently.