Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the stangest thing you have ever put on braai/tried to braai?

For me it was a sort of mashed potato. You boil the potato untill it is almost ready. Then you put it on one of those toeklap rooster thingies and close it as gentle as possible. Try not to destroy the potato. Braai untill crispy. Add garlic butter. Consume.

I wasn't trying to eat it, but it went in the braai so I guess it counts.

Back in the day my father and I used to fly radio control planes.

We crashed a flying wing that was made of foam, balsa, and paint so decided we'd burn it.

I've never seen anything get consumed by flames so fast in my life.

The aircraft, that horrible green shade netting *** over the braai area, and our eyebrows were all gone in about 15 seconds. haha

Ok, back to the topic.

My vegan daughter heads back to University today and the two of us have for the last week cooked and baked dishes we could both eat. I did snack on biltong and put yogurt on my oats, but other than that I only ate vegetables, pulses, fruit and a vegan lemon drizzle cake....I actually enjoyed it.

BUT

As my wife is away, I am going past the Local Grill this afternoon and getting myself 600g of 40 day aged free range sirloin on the bone or similar 750g T-bone and will be braaing for one tonight.

Baby potatoes,  avo, a bottle of Mullineux Syrah followed by an Almond Magnum.....Yumm

My wife's also away, she left yesterday. I can't bring myself to braai'ing for myself, I don't know why, but I just can't, lol.

What is the strangest thing you have ever put on braai/tried to braai?

Vegetarian sausage and patties for a friend. My steak next to it ended up smelling like vegetable soup.

I braai'ed whole baby octopuses the other day with a soy/pineapple juice marinade. They tasted great but they shrunk like tenfold and some fell through the grill.

They were about the size of my hands before I threw them on the grill.  :lol:

I braai'ed whole baby octopuses the other day with a soy/pineapple juice marinade. They tasted great but they shrunk like tenfold and some fell through the grill.

They were about the size of my hands before I threw them on the grill. :lol:

You need to Braai it in a pan. Either a flat Cadac skottel type pan, or an old pan that your wife doesn't care for.

I wasn't trying to eat it, but it went in the braai so I guess it counts.

Back in the day my father and I used to fly radio control planes.

We crashed a flying wing that was made of foam, balsa, and paint so decided we'd burn it.

I've never seen anything get consumed by flames so fast in my life.

The aircraft, that horrible green shade netting *** over the braai area, and our eyebrows were all gone in about 15 seconds. haha

My dad has a habit of burning broken furniture. We've burned ouma's favorite chair and a bed. Edited by PhilipV

For me it was a sort of mashed potato. You boil the potato untill it is almost ready. Then you put it on one of those toeklap rooster thingies and close it as gentle as possible. Try not to destroy the potato. Braai untill crispy. Add garlic butter. Consume.

Cane rat; so-so, probably delicious when you're really hungry but I'm not rushing out to set more traps. 

Edit: I've tried some other animals too, but for fear of upsetting the liberals and vegetarians lets say the cane rat was it :whistling:

Edited by Ed-Zulu

My wife's also away, she left yesterday. I can't bring myself to braai'ing for myself, I don't know why, but I just can't, lol.

dude.... what are you smoking!? Put it away... Invite the mates over for a lekker chilled braai and cook yourself some meat!

Dude, his wife is away, there is no need to use the word "chilled"!!!

When my wife is away, we end up using lawn furniture to braai our food, at 2am.

Edited by Patchelicious

Pizza, actually worked out lekker.

Dude, his wife is away, there is no need to use the word "chilled"!!!

When my wife is away, we end up using lawn furniture to braai our food, at 2am.

http://www.ringgeister.org/rar_04%20003.JPG