Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

This went on the fire last night. 

Hot smoked with weber wood chips (replenished twice to maintain smokeage) and then crisped under the grill. Was my mate's first time having pork belly. 

BLISS. 

where's the finished product pic?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought my special lady friend a Webber compact Kettle for her new house(no braai yet). The plan is for her to tan some steaks for us this evening. I will be sipping foaming oat sodas and giving pointers #winning

Just olive oil, salt and chilli flakes. 

Smoked in the weber for 1h20 or so, and then under the grill till the skin is ready.  Put a few veg in the weber to cook at the same time. 

How did you prep it Myles? Marinade?

Under the grill in the oven.

It was hot smoked, so the fat rendered off all by itself in the weber. I put the veg in a roasting tray under the belly so they got the drippings.

Yeah that's more like it. I tried an Asian pig belly kettle recipe but failed to get lekker crackling. Will gibe it another crack with yoyr twist next week. Thanks.

Yeah that's more like it. I tried an Asian pig belly kettle recipe but failed to get lekker crackling. Will gibe it another crack with yoyr twist next week. Thanks.

yeah, even though it gets *** hot in the weber, it doesn't get the crackling going. You CAN put it over the coals to do the crisping, as far as I know, but I prefer the reliability and constant heat (not to mention no direct flame) of the grill in the oven. 

yeah, even though it gets *** hot in the weber, it doesn't get the crackling going. You CAN put it over the coals to do the crisping, as far as I know, but I prefer the reliability and constant heat (not to mention no direct flame) of the grill in the oven.

Grill in the oven for the win.

• 2 weeks later...

Meat for Sunday's braai sorted. Prego steaks with skewered chicken thighs and mushrooms, all from Spar.

In case anyone didn't know, Woolies has got a special on their briquettes, R85 for 2x 5kg bags.

6b67baf35e2feea1456de95b14b353cd.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Meat for Sunday's braai sorted. Prego steaks with skewered chicken thighs and mushrooms, all from Spar.

In case anyone didn't know, Woolies has got a special on their briquettes, R85 for 2x 5kg bags.

6b67baf35e2feea1456de95b14b353cd.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

BRIQUETTES?????  :eek:

My 17 year old has invited his (English) girlfriend for a braai at our place on Sunday. He says he wants to teach her to braai properly.....so that she can help her family get better at it...... [emoji185] [emoji3]

Influencing culture via romantic influence. Good man. Edited by PhilipV