Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit limited with braai options currently, so got one of these secondhand.

At least it is still real fire, just VERY controlled  :) Almost no smoke - I would be able to braai in the kitchen with extractor fan if I really have to. I use high quality wood charcoal to limit smoke.

Braaibroodjies work really nice with the heat spread so evenly. 

post-66463-0-19937500-1502271167_thumb.png

post-66463-0-91774000-1502271169_thumb.png

Didn't take pics of today's braai, but braai'ed pork steaks with pork rashers and wors. The first time I braai'ed any form of steak, but it turned out ok. This of course, was after I took the wifey for a Women's Day coffee date.

Anyway, who else can't braai unless they're having a few beers? I can braai with drinking orange juice or coca cola, but I do my best work when braai'ing with a few cold ones.

Anyone else's SO always ask for 15min before the meats ready so she can do some stuff in the kitchen? I always just nod and when the meats all done I shout 15 MINUTES and crack another beer open.

Exactly  :devil:

Although with the LotusGrill I can braai in minutes - so I turned that around now and ask to be notified when I must start to load the coals. The frustration on her face  :clap:

Exactly  :devil:

Although with the LotusGrill I can braai in minutes - so I turned that around now and ask to be notified when I must start to load the coals. The frustration on her face  :clap:

Turning the tables like a BOSS :clap:

I often buy dough from the shops, make this into smaller balls / flat sections and pop onto the side of the grill while the flames are still going ... by the time the meat is done, the bread is also done and they are just flipping awesome with the braai!

Anyone else's SO always ask for 15min before the meats ready so she can do some stuff in the kitchen? I always just nod and when the meats all done I shout 15 MINUTES and crack another beer open.

The only thing that takes longer than 15min to braai, is chicken.

The rule with chicken is, when you think it is done, give it 5 more minutes.

I often buy dough from the shops, make this into smaller balls / flat sections and pop onto the side of the grill while the flames are still going ... by the time the meat is done, the bread is also done and they are just flipping awesome with the braai!

Going to have to try that one out, nothing like fresh bread!