Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

Had a gf once way back when. Anyway, her toppie would finish a case of lion cans before doing his darndest to damage a bottle of Wellington VO and tab (since he must look out for his sugar intake...) So one Friday I knock off work early and go to her house. He is sitting there pissed as a coot, and threatens to donner me. I reciprocated. Needless to say, the relationship ended soon thereafter. I have never looked at a lion in the same way since.

I had a GF, and her oldman would do the same, but not get ugly and want to mer, instead he just forced me to drink with him, because "dis wat manne doen", I would then get drunk and start calling him Meneer or U.... 

We became good friends, his daughter ruined it for us by breaking up with me..... selfish cow.

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooooo?

But I'm guessing that Shan and I have something in common?

Shan bliksemed his father in law but forgot that the toppie was well connected. A few days later some nigerians got hold of him.

Well that's what I heard :ph34r:

Shan bliksemed his father in law but forgot that the toppie was well connected. A few days later some nigerians got hold of him.

You heard right, but they weren't Nigerians.

Why does a braai (thread) always turn into a moer after enough time :P

Pure coincidence......

Well that's what I heard  :ph34r:

Pictures?

The only thing that takes longer than 15min to braai, is chicken.

The rule with chicken is, when you think it is done, give it 5 more minutes.

I don't braai vegetables and chicken is a vegetable when it comes to braaing

I often buy dough from the shops, make this into smaller balls / flat sections and pop onto the side of the grill while the flames are still going ... by the time the meat is done, the bread is also done and they are just flipping awesome with the braai!

If I'm thinking about the same thing here, we call it roosterkoek. A group of 50 Americans came to Wilderness on a church outreach some time ago and our group from Groot Brak every year has the privilege to braai for the Sunday lunch. We do lamp tjops, wors, sosaties and roosterkoek with lekker sweet jam and grated cheese. The Americans go crazy for the roosterkoek, we always make sure that we have at least five per person.

Hou die rubber op die grond!

If I'm thinking about the same thing here, we call it roosterkoek. A group of 50 Americans came to Wilderness on a church outreach some time ago and our group from Groot Brak every year has the privilege to braai for the Sunday lunch. We do lamp tjops, wors, sosaties and roosterkoek with lekker sweet jam and grated cheese. The Americans go crazy for the roosterkoek, we always make sure that we have at least five per person.

Hou die rubber op die grond!

Best roosterkoek I have had to date has been on the Transbaviaans. There is a small house along the route where the lady has a small table setup if you wish to stop .... it came on a old floral plate and was so good I bought a few. 

The last one I ate after coming into the finish ..... went to stand by the fire and took this roosterkoek out of my back pocket and got it back to life on the fire ..... I could have sold that rooster koek for an absolute fortune that day to any of those nearby, but kept all that goodness for myself and the only other person in the team who finished with me :P

Ok, back to the topic.

My vegan daughter heads back to University today and the two of us have for the last week cooked and baked dishes we could both eat. I did snack on biltong and put yogurt on my oats, but other than that I only ate vegetables, pulses, fruit and a vegan lemon drizzle cake....I actually enjoyed it.

BUT

As my wife is away, I am going past the Local Grill this afternoon and getting myself 600g of 40 day aged free range sirloin on the bone or similar 750g T-bone and will be braaing for one tonight.

Baby potatoes,  avo, a bottle of Mullineux Syrah followed by an Almond Magnum.....Yumm

Ok, back to the topic.

My vegan daughter heads back to University today and the two of us have for the last week cooked and baked dishes we could both eat. I did snack on biltong and put yogurt on my oats, but other than that I only ate vegetables, pulses, fruit and a vegan lemon drizzle cake....I actually enjoyed it.

BUT

As my wife is away, I am going past the Local Grill this afternoon and getting myself 600g of 40 day aged free range sirloin on the bone or similar 750g T-bone and will be braaing for one tonight.

Baby potatoes,  avo, a bottle of Mullineux Syrah followed by an Almond Magnum.....Yumm

Damn that sounds good (obviously not the part where you tainted a perfectly good braai thread with the vegan nonsense :P )

Ok, back to the topic.

BUT

I'm vegetarian , not a very strict one at that so it's nice but unnecessary when I rock up at a braai and people have set up a seperate braai for me to do my veggies or vegetarian faux meat products - but I drew the line when someone one braai'd tofu sosaties. They tasted as disgusting as it sounds (and I love tofu cooked properly)