Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nou gaan ons braai.607a0f5a1b67aee74b2e20bfb6ad12ea.jpg

:clap:  Our true heritage is that we absorb things from each other and make it our own. That is true of every single one of the cultural groups in SA. Boerewors pot with pap will be the ultimate expression of that. :D

I wouldn't say bicycle friendly, more like bicycle orientated. You still have to watch out for scooters on the bike lane and in winter it can get icy. Plus on average 900 000 bikes are stolen annually. I would prefer to cycle on the road and have access to the mountains.

I haven't looked into the amount of bikes that get stolen in SA per year, but that's hectic.

It reminds me of the idea I had when I thought of moving the Mrs, our little one and myself to the Drankensberg, solely for the mountains and because it looks pretty that side of SA - but, we're at where we are - not that we're complaining. If we were to move to the Berg, then I would have to invest in another mtb.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

I haven't looked into the amount of bikes that get stolen in SA per year, but that's hectic.

It reminds me of the idea I had when I thought of moving the Mrs, our little one and myself to the Drankensberg, solely for the mountains and because it looks pretty that side of SA - but, we're at where we are - not that we're complaining. If we were to move to the Berg, then I would have to invest in another mtb.

When moving to Canada I am going to sell the Carbon Roadbike and get a Kona Rove ST as a do it all bike and a FatBike for winter snow riding. I think my days of racing in groups is coming to an end as I prefer to go on adventures rather gun for the finish line! Though I might also look Enduro after spending some time in Scotland and hitting the trails there. I totally fell in love the 29er long travel enduro bike...soooooo much fun! 

Edited by J∆kk∆ls

When moving to Canada I am going to sell the Carbon Roadbike and get a Kona Rove ST as a do it all bike and a FatBike for winter snow riding. I think my days of racing in groups is coming to an end as I prefer to go on adventures rather gun for the finish line! Though I might also look Enduro after spending some time in Scotland and hitting the trails there. I totally fell in love the 29er long travel enduro bike...soooooo much fun! 

Carbon road bike? come on, try a carbon mountain bike, you'll never look back. Saying that, I had a carbon Scott 26'er a while ago - bought second hand, but it did the job. I had a Titan carbon 29'er as well, and that bike took me to A-batch in the 45km mtb events. Come on Jakkals, you know you want a mtb, and Canada, I assume, is mountain bike country.

Carbon road bike? come on, try a carbon mountain bike, you'll never look back. Saying that, I had a carbon Scott 26'er a while ago - bought second hand, but it did the job. I had a Titan carbon 29'er as well, and that bike took me to A-batch in the 45km mtb events. Come on Jakkals, you know you want a mtb, and Canada, I assume, is mountain bike country.

I like steel too, I miss my Cotic BFe and am also tempted to buy another one. Long travel hardtail dreams and just to stay on topic I am looking forward to getting another steel braai! 

I like steel too, I miss my Cotic BFe and am also tempted to buy another one. Long travel hardtail dreams and just to stay on topic I am looking forward to getting another steel braai! 

I've yet to try a steel bike, but I think I'll stick to my alu bikes.

Yeh, a steel braai makes a difference in the long run.

But that is a Weber thing?

Coat, hat,door.

:D I'm terribly lazy when it comes to braaing, so I use nothing but a Weber. Make the charcoal, put the meat on, close the lid, set the timer. Food ready! No sweating and swearing with smoke burning your eyes. 

:D I'm terribly lazy when it comes to braaing, so I use nothing but a Weber. Make the charcoal, put the meat on, close the lid, set the timer. Food ready! No sweating and swearing with smoke burning your eyes. 

Weber's have timers? Eish, I must have been using the wrong Weber in the past. Then again, I've only ever used the lid on a Weber when we were in Oviston for holiday and I was Weber'ing lamb tjops.