Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

Night before Ezel Enduro: Carbing

Boer & Butcher boerewors & Morrocan lamb rib (nomu rub), and roasted tomato, paprika, chillies and onions - all done in the cobb - with couscous with Turkish apricots and dates. Paired with a few IPAs and some Nederburg Winemasters Grenache. I didn't care too much about presentation...

post-33762-0-09747300-1538388741_thumb.jpg

post-33762-0-25138200-1538388752_thumb.jpg

post-33762-0-11869700-1538388762_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yyou can get a pizza stone / plate that you put in the weber. Far less cost, same results. 

K@K ... pizza oven with a wood fire = King

Ok let’s all call a ceasefire! A Webber is an awesome thing and does its thing really well, but it’s not a braai! I use mine for all the things my braai can’t do. Hell I even have a q-series Webber, yes gas, for doing what my Webber and braai can’t do, for the latter it is that it heats up fast and does Steak and Tjops really lekker, it’s my go to non braai braai I suppose which gets used at least 3 times a week.

Do what you do and enjoy the whole outdoor cook thing. I’m even planning a pizza oven outside for variety, yumm!

depends. can you braai on a ceasefire?

Night before Ezel Enduro: Carbing

Boer & Butcher boerewors & Morrocan lamb rib (nomu rub), and roasted tomato, paprika, chillies and onions - all done in the cobb - with couscous with Turkish apricots and dates. Paired with a few IPAs and some Nederburg Winemasters Grenache. I didn't care too much about presentation...

Yoh! that sounds and looks goodly.

We've tried Moroccan Marinade chicken from one of the local Butchers this side, it's not too shabby. Italian Mint Marinade lamb fingers as well, from the same Butcher :drool:  but of course that's a spoil we have now and then. Must ask the Butchery if they have Moroccan lamb rib.

To all the "braai purests" out there - when you are downwind in your neighborhood and you get that amazing, green-with-envy aroma of meat being cooked outdoors, are you be able to differentiate between wood, gas, briquettes or whatever?  :whistling:  

To all the "braai purests" out there - when you are downwind in your neighborhood and you get that amazing, green-with-envy aroma of meat being cooked outdoors, are you be able to differentiate between wood, gas, briquettes or whatever?  :whistling:  

yes. Well, to begin with at least. When the fire is ready to cook on, it's all the same unless there's some smoking going on. 

Yoh! that sounds and looks goodly.

We've tried Moroccan Marinade chicken from one of the local Butchers this side, it's not too shabby. Italian Mint Marinade lamb fingers as well, from the same Butcher :drool:  but of course that's a spoil we have now and then. Must ask the Butchery if they have Moroccan lamb rib.

Simply buy a tin of Nomu Morroccan rub (+-R45), bit of oil on lamb ribs, add some rub and a bit of salt & pepper and braai. I prefer to make my own marinades/rubs, but the Nomu stuff are all really good. And as far as I can make out, not too much bad stuff in there. 

yes. Well, to begin with at least. When the fire is ready to cook on, it's all the same unless there's some smoking going on. 

My question was limited to braai smoke from braaivleis. "Braai smoke" not from meat is another story all together.  :D  

Surely you can braai anytime?

Well not according to that tosser, Barry Hilton. Saw a flee market stall selling his “one gaan nou braai” crap. **** you not, it’s now a thing.

I swear if somebody tells me that “joke” or shows me that video at their braai one more time, I will knock their brandy over.