Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dis 'n man oven, Flippie. Baie mooi ding, daai. 

My best meal ever on a weber was a pork belly. Got a thermometer to monitor the temp, added briquettes in teh "snake method" with some hickory chips dotted around, and kept the temp at 120deg by closing / opening the vents. 4 hours later, PERFECT meat where the fat was almost gelatinous and melted as soon as it hit the mouth. 

OMF. 

Edited by Cptmayhem

That would make a good discussion with Jan Braai, although I don't think he rides an eBike.

Maybe one of these days I'll pull out the good 'ol Weber again and try the whole "man oven" thing, but for now I'm quite happy turning the vleis on the grill.

klaargeantwoord

http://braai.com/braai-information/a-kettle-braai-is-not-a-braai/

Weber is a brand that produces Kettle Barbeques. There are other manufacturers like Cadac, and Bush Baby that also produce them. I don’t have a problem with any of these companies. I like using their products from time to time, and I love eating the food that is prepared in them. I have a problem with calling it a braai.

I still believe that a Weber is not a real Braai, but damn, after someone left his Weber behind and it found its way into my yard, I've been enjoying the lazy Weber way.

First a smoked lamb rib, and the week after that a beer bird chicken.

The Hammock, pool and cold beers does help...

Weber is the only way to cook the following;

1. leg of lamb
  2. any type of rib
  3. whole bird
  4. bluefish
  5. Christmas lunch meats (tongue, gammon etc.)

Weber is the only way to cook the following;

1. leg of lamb
  2. any type of rib
  3. whole bird
  4. bluefish
  5. Christmas lunch meats (tongue, gammon etc.)

6. Fillet or sirloin of venison

7.Pork roll

see No.5

Kudu fillet stuffed with olives, fresh dews and white cheese, wrapped in shoulder bacon and smoked slowly (8-15 beers)

......after reading that I now have to eat a few nuts & raisins for lunch! :cursing:  You are cruel! ;)

......after reading that I now have to eat a few nuts & raisins for lunch! :cursing:  You are cruel! ;)

you want my recipe for Impala sosaties?

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday lunch was springbok ribs... Started on Saturday night by browning onions, celery and carrots in a pot and threw in salt, pepper, spices, chutney etc and water and then slowly boiled the ribs for a few hours and left standing overnight...

Then on Sunday I smoked them in the Webber with mesquite woodchips for around 45min... and then braaied chicken kebabs and wors as well.  Accompanied by some potato wedges and roast veg in the oven. And took some of the broth that the ribs had boiled in and added Bisto to thicken into a gravy...

:drool:   

(and with leftover ribs, I pulled the meat off and mixed with left over gravy... on a toasted sarmie... :w00t: )

Sunday lunch was springbok ribs... Started on Saturday night by browning onions, celery and carrots in a pot and threw in salt, pepper, spices, chutney etc and water and then slowly boiled the ribs for a few hours and left standing overnight...

Then on Sunday I smoked them in the Webber with mesquite woodchips for around 45min... and then braaied chicken kebabs and wors as well.  Accompanied by some potato wedges and roast veg in the oven. And took some of the broth that the ribs had boiled in and added Bisto to thicken into a gravy...

(and with leftover ribs, I pulled the meat off and mixed with left over gravy... on a toasted sarmie... :w00t: )

Pics or it didn't happen

I'm interested to know how the ribs were. I've never tried any venison ribs. Was always worried that it would not be fat / moist enough.