Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, a good old vertical braai. haven't had one since I visited the space station.

Best purchase I made when I built my little entertainment area, but it won't be mine for much longer as we selling and looking to move into a bigger place. It defies gravity and makes an awesome pot as well.

post-42431-0-70077500-1615537955_thumb.png

Edited by l4y3rcake

I've hardly if at all visited this thread, browsed through the last few pages this morning and got "lus" for a lekker piece of steak.

Messaged the wife that we need to put one on the braai this weekend, she responded that maybe we go out to an eatery and eat one tonight.

Now I'm looking for good places to eat steak near me.

If anyone on the east rand can recommend a place ? Googling best steakhouse in boksburg bings up way to many spur venues for me to take any of the suggestions seriously.

I've hardly if at all visited this thread, browsed through the last few pages this morning and got "lus" for a lekker piece of steak.

Messaged the wife that we need to put one on the braai this weekend, she responded that maybe we go out to an eatery and eat one tonight.

Now I'm looking for good places to eat steak near me.

If anyone on the east rand can recommend a place ? Googling best steakhouse in boksburg bings up way to many spur venues for me to take any of the suggestions seriously.

Turn and Tender is usually pretty good. The marrow sauce is incredible but pricey.

Turn and Tender is usually pretty good. The marrow sauce is incredible but pricey.

its top of the list.

was thinking of trying house of ribs again, have not been there for many many years. But if I recall from last time they were mediocre. 

ah, a good old vertical braai. haven't had one since I visited the space station.

Did you go with Elon's ship? Did he supply patties made by his brother?

you joke, but during lockdown I was watching some or other entertainment show where this guy visits different establishments sampling their food. 

This show he visited what is claimed to be "the inventors of the hamburger" .

They would put the patties in a contraption where they would slide in vertically much like the picture here and there would be a fire on both sides of them.

Musk patties? Not so sure I'd eat those...

Yeah no me neither. People who chow them say they taste just like real beef but I will take their word for it.

its top of the list.

was thinking of trying house of ribs again, have not been there for many many years. But if I recall from last time they were mediocre.

. Only went to house of ribs for the bottomless ribs. Had a friend who grew up as a Seventh day Adventist and wasn’t allowed pork. He would join us and finish 4-5 racks.

Now I'm looking for good places to eat steak near me..

Nee man! How do you screw up steak so badly that your wife would rather eat out than have one braaied?

Hope you had a lekker steak tonight, but that it inspired you to braai it next time.

Nee man! How do you screw up steak so badly that your wife would rather eat out than have one braaied?

Hope you had a lekker steak tonight, but that it inspired you to braai it next time.

was more a case of the wife wanting to treat us, but we landed up braaing. (well BBQ'ing as it was on gas)

Did a Rump, some separated lamb ribs and boerie. Was pouring down with rain all round whilst I was under the lapa braaing. 

was more a case of the wife wanting to treat us, but we landed up braaing. (well BBQ'ing as it was on gas)

Did a Rump, some separated lamb ribs and boerie. Was pouring down with rain all round whilst I was under the lapa braaing.

Fair enough. A date is a date. No matter what is consumed.

But braaiing in a lapa in a Highveld storm sounds like a good date for this capey.

I think I prefer not eating steak in restaurants because it is something that is very easy to replicate at home, but for the life of me I have yet to replicate a good pork belly or the like at home. So I'll braai steak at home, but eat line fish or pork belly at a restaurant.

Fair enough. A date is a date. No matter what is consumed.

But braaiing in a lapa in a Highveld storm sounds like a good date for this capey.

I think I prefer not eating steak in restaurants because it is something that is very easy to replicate at home, but for the life of me I have yet to replicate a good pork belly or the like at home. So I'll braai steak at home, but eat line fish or pork belly at a restaurant.

was a proper highveld storm, came out of nowhere, was hard and violent and disappeared just as quick. Going to miss those when I move down to the cape