Braai etiket...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh...is it free

No I pay for it, just like everything else I pay for to go towards our household. Edited by WeekendWarrior80

It just makes such sh*t coals

I use charcoal brikettes, .............but I don't advertise it too widely or the kameeldoring and hardekool crowd might just track me down and break one of my Webers legs!

When I make a fire, to have a fire, I like to burn something like Rooikrans, Bluegum or Wattle. 

Rooikrans makes just fine coals for a normal braai. Sure there might be better options but are they as readily available and at the same price?

agreed ... and just throw more wood on for a deeper coal bed!

agreed ... and just throw more wood on for a deeper coal bed!

or keep the fire going in your fire box and just keep scooping coals as they are needed

or better still - fire one side, braai coals on the other side....

Can't really do that in CT ... that fire would have been blown into the next farm already with the winds we have had as of late.

Has anyone here played around with sous vide and then braai for the finish?
I have a venison fillet that I want to braai, given how lean they are I'm a little nervous about going on the open fire and winging it without a thermometer.

I was thinking getting it to med-rare with the sous vide and then finish on the fire for color.

• 1 month later...