Cyclist down on Blackhill (Glencairn)

porqui

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is (was :mellow:) my neighbour... I think there were some friends of his cycling with him at the time from what I have heard and I don't believe there was anything that might have caused it which could have been avoided. Very sad for his wife and children.

Cyclists. Please don't go for a hard training session when you are sick or recovering from illness. Not saying this was what happened, but please keep in mind and take care.

Good advice! Apparently the flu that is going around this year can cause exercise-induced heart attacks even if people think they have recovered.  Be sure you are no longer tired or coughing at all before getting back on your bike.

RIP and condolences to the family  :(

I heard this morning who the rider was, although not confirmed

Sad to hear, RIP 

EDIT : just checked, wasn't who i heard it was!

Edited by Meezo

Rest in peace my brother, may peace and contentment be placed in the hearts of his family and all those who knew him.

I heard this morning who the rider was, although not confirmed

He was a hubber too, fandacious and andy_dude will know him well, I think they raced together at Anderson Transport years ago...

Sad to hear, RIP mate, i admired you on the road racing scene back in day

Sad!

Please send me a PM with the name?!

I actually cycled there, going right to Kommetjie and saw the road was closed off ahead over Glencairn Express.