To TT or not to TT?

MarkW

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you buy second hand and sell second hand once fine then it might not cost that much really.

My exact thoughts. I don't usually 'waist' money, but considering the loss when buying/selling secondhand, I'm considering the difference basically 'renting' it for a while and then selling it off a few thousand less if no longer needed.

But thennnnn... I'm only an eager age grouper, so after reading all the above posts- I AM STILL CONFUSED!!!!

Wow. Gorgeous bike. I swear, I want a TT bike just because they look so sexy. :w00t:

That reminds me, I must take mine out for a spin before winter comes.... maybe I'll shave my legs for the occasion ????

Poor thing has been standing in the cellar the whole year, think the tyres will have flat spots

That reminds me, I must take mine out for a spin before winter comes.... maybe I'll shave my legs for the occasion

Poor thing has been standing in the cellar the whole year, think the tyres will have flat spots

Sacre bleu! I demand that you have nicely shaven legs. You are doing your bike a disservice! 

Sacre bleu! I demand that you have nicely shaven legs. You are doing your bike a disservice!

The glare would be terrible if it were not for hair.....

a road bike with TT bars and a tri-seatpost is 99.9% as fast as a TT bike unless you are planning to average 35+km/hr on your bike leg...

spend your cash on a powermeter, wheels and other coolsh!t

I''l just leave these here, she arrived yesterday from Germany, I am like :drool: .  I am the dude at the back of the "All the Gear- No idea" group, but I have an awesome wife and I won a competition and Canyon let me pay in for an upgrade!

Would give a double like if I could !!  Enjoy the many happy miles.... maybe you wont be so much at the back anymore... bike looks fast standing still ;)

I''l just leave these here, she arrived yesterday from Germany, I am like :drool: .  I am the dude at the back of the "All the Gear- No idea" group, but I have an awesome wife and I won a competition and Canyon let me pay in for an upgrade!

Wow. Out of interest, how did you bring it in? And what was the total additional cost to the website listed price (was it just the 15%, 15.4%)?

Wow. Out of interest, how did you bring it in? And what was the total additional cost to the website listed price (was it just the 15%, 15.4%)?

it was sent from Canyon via UPS,tracked all the way.  The shipping, duty and Vat was covered by the competition sponsor, but yea 15% duty plus VAT plus handling fees!  The selling price looks good but you need to be aware of the extra costs as well, shipping alone is a chunk!

it was sent from Canyon via UPS,tracked all the way. The shipping, duty and Vat was covered by the competition sponsor, but yea 15% duty plus VAT plus handling fees! The selling price looks good but you need to be aware of the extra costs as well, shipping alone is a chunk!

Nice. Yeah look 323 USD for shipping is steep, especially if you're looking at the lower end bikes. But the pricing is very attractive.