[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

sorry to butt in here. When do the entries usually open - obviously looking at 2019. My wife has decide she wants to do this thing. Fortunately I have been excused from accompanying her.

Usually September sometime.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be the bearer of bad tidings here but a mate of mine (a pilot at one of our local airlines) just told me their clever flight tools show that Sunday looks to be be rough with a prevailing wind of around 26km/h and gusts of up to 68km/h with no rain expected.

I'm not deterred though...can't wait to ride the best cycle route in the world again come Sunday!

Looks like we are going to get to race this Sunday!

Any indications if the protesters with be attending this year yet?

I will wait until Thursday to wash and Mr Min my bike and shoes for race day

Saw an article last night on EWN stating that there were protests about housing in Houtbay.

Luckily it goes on to say that they have given the city 21 days to respond to their demands.

So in theory these specific protesters won't be doing any protesting for the next 20 days or so...

For the racing snakes... 0af83d45c7c1b8edc5f8106d247eed14.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is the Froome position not more applicable to Cav and Ewan? Froome looks more like he is the 17% guy.

What if you manage to squeeze yourself into your frame triangle?

25% faster [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Saw an article last night on EWN stating that there were protests about housing in Houtbay.

Yup.

Housing protest in Hangberg.

It was proper chaos on Chappies on Sunday morning. From "Teams" doing their best Tour de France impressions to the chaps and chappettes that is taking their bikes out for the first time since CTCT time 2017, people were out in droves. And a lot of bad riding / behaviour was taking place.

And then the blustery wind did not help it much.

Yissie it was hectic!

From the geniuses trying to do the full froomey down chappies to the "teams" parked up and chatting 7 abreast at the top of suikerbossie.

Next week we get the roads back. After Argus is the best time to be a roadie in CT.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

The trees look like they are barely moving  :ph34r:

I also got to that point and I can confirm the Photo is not lying / photo shopped. The pic is clear and the trees are not moving in it! In really life they were not moving to much either.