[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

Also as mentioned further up, the section in Lakeside as you turn onto main road is a bumpy mess.. Going to be messy for the later riders with massive groups all going through there.. For the front riders I think it will be ok as they usually get through in smaller groups, But the later riders being all over are going to struggle in that area I reckon...

the Westlake river culvert? that is under construction and almost single lane, but you've just done a tight corner so should be strung out anyway.

https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-34.081202,18.4559548,3a,75y,181.2h,88.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGA6ksTNk0AIp69vQXMnxpw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody say "OH ****"....

Have dealt with them printing on the spot twice already, and as long as the IT systems and printer keeps working you will be pleasantly surprised how well it works, as well as any queries can be dealt with there and then and you can get a newly printed pack. don't think it is as much from a cost saving as I would assume bulk printing would work out cheaper.

It was also fenced off a few weeks back while they were busy building a movie set there, and for the duration of the shooting of the movie.

No murmurings about it then either.

Jetline photo's.

Oooh. Y'all want a little hack?

That timetable where you put in your target time and then work out where you need to be by what time....... Write that on a piece of masking tape and stick it to your top tube. Same goes for any of those impossible to remove stickers you might have to stick to your bike, helmet etc. Stick the sticker to masking tape. Stick to bike. Easier to remove.

Mr Min sprayed over the sticky area, left to "simmer" for a few minutes, wipes it off quick and easy as well.

the Westlake river culvert? that is under construction and almost single lane, but you've just done a tight corner so should be strung out anyway.

https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-34.081202,18.4559548,3a,75y,181.2h,88.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGA6ksTNk0AIp69vQXMnxpw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Really wonder what they're going to do here for Sunday...

Right now it's a mess.  

post-72884-0-94786400-1520423128_thumb.jpeg

[Edit because I can never get its/it's right] 

Edited by hilton_

When I checked forecast yesterday it showed medium wind, this morning nearly calm and perfect. Hope it stays that way....but fear weather is currently volatile and will change again...?

I think any wind upwards from 15km/h will impact, depending as always on own strength and group around you. Usually not a big concern, but this year looking to attempt a sub3  :eek:  :whistling: 

Anybody else in 1D who will have a "serious" crack? Not sure it's possible from there....but will give it a bash

Right now it's a mess.  

attachicon.gifimage1111.jpeg

Hay bales... and paramedics when those fail?

When I checked forecast yesterday it showed medium wind, this morning nearly calm and perfect. Hope it stays that way....but fear weather is currently volatile and will change again...?

I think any wind upwards from 15km/h will impact, depending as always on own strength and group around you. Usually not a big concern, but this year looking to attempt a sub3  :eek:  :whistling:

Anybody else in 1D who will have a "serious" crack? Not sure it's possible from there....but will give it a bash

This is Cape Town... Look out one window and it's awesome. Look out another and it's Armageddon.

best of luck on sub-3. let us know how you get on

Does anyway know if seeding can be queried at registration? I heard a rumour it could be. Or better yet, anyone with a contact at the race office? ????

I'm in 1D as well.

As for a "serious crack", I HOPE so. No idea what to expect from 1D though.

If I ever see the front, I'll take my turn(s). If it is anything like AL at the Herald though, I'll be the one barely hanging on, trying to control my breathing (and failing). Got a sub-3 there though, so I'm hopeful...

Right now it's a mess.  

attachicon.gifimage1111.jpeg

From the "Lunch with Dave" thing on Facebook yesterday, I think that is the bit that he mentioned that they hope to have the stuff in the middle moved to the side for race day.

If it cannot be done, the bunch will be split. I expect falls, if this happens.