Sadly also the last day of trading for our Cape Town store this Weds  :( 
Sadly just have to streamline our business model in these challenging times.
Will be putting more resources and time into the online store heading forward...
Thanks again to everyone for the support in these challenging times  :thumbup: 

post-3544-0-07635700-1598777823_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew Steer

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch .... real pity.

Really HOPE you can keep the Durbanville shop going through this period.  (hoping this is not the Durbanville store closing ...)

Ouch .... real pity.

Really HOPE you can keep the Durbanville shop going through this period. (hoping this is not the Durbanville store closing ...)

I fear it may be ... it's the only store I'm aware of.

Best wishes through these difficult times.

Sadly also the last day of trading for our Cape Town store this Weds :(

Sadly just have to streamline our business model in these challenging times.

Will be putting more resources and time into the online store heading forward...

Thanks again to everyone for the support in these challenging times :thumbup:

Anatomic Cape Town - Closing down sale Sept 2020.jpg

Any chance you have some fun f the old design bibs?

Hey don’t like the new straps and low front.

Ouch .... real pity.

Really HOPE you can keep the Durbanville shop going through this period.  (hoping this is not the Durbanville store closing ...)

Afraid so...

Thanks for the sentiments guys, it's not me out of a job, but two lovely folk - I'm not sure you'd meet nicer. The shops never made great economic sense, we used them more for marketing and showrooms - but in times like these with still so much uncertainty around events for some time ahead, it was sadly inevitable. 

Any chance you have some fun f the old design bibs?

Hey don’t like the new straps and low front.

Bomb me a pm with your size and I'll see what I can do... Ergonomics I assume?

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for some rental space in Northcliff, we have 40 square meters, split into basically 3 nice sunny offices, available on the first floor in our building on Beyers Naude for R5k a month...
Would be ideal for something cycling/sport related as it's next door to Cycle Fit and above our Anatomic factory shop... 

Drop me a pm if you would like any more info.
Space can be ready within a week or so. We will also have some more space available on the top floor within the month or so should more space be required...

Cheers
Andrew

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, am new into Mountain Biking and am still looking at cycling bib options. A friend of mine has had her anatomic bib since 2014 and she's still super happy with it. I just wanted to get some more specs, does the bib have a ride hour rating on the Chamois? Do they have silicon on the inner legs?

TIA

I bought a bib there in around April last year. In December the stitching in the chamois started coming undone.... Was told they "might fix it and would take up to 2 weeks"

“ specs, does the bib have a ride hour rating on the Chamois? ...”

Have never even heard of this?! Can someone elaborate/expand on this?

Thanks

Chris

“ specs, does the bib have a ride hour rating on the Chamois? ...”

Have never even heard of this?! Can someone elaborate/expand on this?

Thanks

Chris

Basically how long you can comfortably stay on the saddle.

Edited by Tanith.Mack

... does the bib have a ride hour rating on the Chamois? Do they have silicon on the inner legs?

TIA

Pretty sure they'll have silicon grippers as that is pretty much standard on bibs currently.

As for ratings, I'd take anything stated with a pinch of salt.

Unfortunately fit and comfort is a very personal thing.

Some people will be comfortable all day on the most basic of chamois and uncomfortable in no time on the chamois rated for all day use.

Remember also that comfort is derived from a combination of setup, fitness, time in the saddle, saddle itself and quality bibs.

Hi all, am new into Mountain Biking and am still looking at cycling bib options. A friend of mine has had her anatomic bib since 2014 and she's still super happy with it. I just wanted to get some more specs, does the bib have a ride hour rating on the Chamois? Do they have silicon on the inner legs?

TIA

Hi Tanith, thanks for the enquiry

In terms of our paddings, we don't put an hour allocation to them - that's more of a marketing gimmick in all honesty - because the 'hour rating' is as much to do with the rider as the padding. The key to not getting a sore bum on the bike is 3 things - a good bib, a good(and suitable) saddle and time in the saddle. You can wear a R6000 bib and still get a sore bum on a 20km ride.

The padding in all our new ladies bibs and shorts is the Ergonomic padding (ladies specific version of course) which we believe is a fantastic all round padding that covers both road and mountain biking... it is what your friend would have had in her bib too I am pretty sure. The padding does just get small tweaks over the years as technologies and ideas evolve, but the principles and shape remain in general.

The bibs also have a subtle silicone sewn into the leg bands which grip nicely, with-out being overly aggressive about it... we try to minimize the 'sausage' effect while still keeping the bibs in place. 

If there is anything further I can help with, please just give me a shout

Thanks

Andrew