Washing a mountain bike in Cape Town

lyslexic

Grey water and one of those plant sprayers. The sort you use to spray bugspray onto rose bushes.

Works very well. Like a mini high pressure hose.

Was gonna suggest that. I am using it and it works extremely well with a nice cloth or sponge. I use way less than a liter of water. Havent measured exactly. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one, but havent used that.

I have used this one

item_XL_4790789_3895464.jpg

But I prefer this

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/GgAAAOSw1x1UM9ce/s-l225.jpg

Good Quality one from Stodels

Turn on shower for 5 seconds and wet you and bike.

Turn off and lather up you and bike.

Then turn on shower for 8 seconds and rinse of you and bike.

With the water pressure at our spot, running a tap for 13 seconds = 15 liters of water. I tried it into a bucket just to check.

The tricky side is the Misses loosing her mind because you showering with your Pyga

wait, does she want to shower with your Pyga? 

with de lille water we are supposed to use, and de lille time recommended for showering, not sure how its gonna work out for both of you. But at least the bike doesn't need eau de toilette ;)

Simple, you just shower at Virgin Active, which according to most people at the gym gets its water from JHB so does not count as wasting water....

1 bucket of water is more than enough to wash your bike, if it is grey water even better.............

If people are using greywater etc, I'm gonna assume borehole/ well point is OK depending on the iron content of the water?

ok if it's a steel hardtail

I just take my bikes up too Bishopscourt and ask the gardeners to give it a hosing when they hosing the bits of grass outside their houses. 

word!

frustrated the living daylights out of me when i saw this!

You can still use the pressure washer :)

Take a 20L empty bucket,fit a hosepipe fitting at the bottom and lift about 2meter high (on a post of some sort) let the water gravity feed into the washer and voila!

You can fill the bucket with grey water and wash away.

I just take my bikes up too Bishopscourt and ask the gardeners to give it a hosing when they hosing the bits of grass outside their houses.  driveways..

Newlands and Constantia too

see one every other day up here

Edited by bikebloke