Weymouth 70.3

IceCreamMan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done on what sounds like a tough race.

Many years ago and way before I was into triathlon I visited Weymouth quite frequently, now it is one of my must do events. Its a beautiful place much like a lot of the South West coast. Thanks for the race report.

Awesome race report, ICM! You did so well on the bike. From the sounds of it, I would have been very, very slow on that course. Nice top speed there too. 

How is the new tri club? Interested to hear if the locals are embracing you, or are a little reserved?

Thanks I enjoy writing reports as it kinda cleanses the soul and allows me to move on. Strange that.

As for the tri club, I sent them mail, joined their strata group but not heard anything yet. So maybe they are very reserved hehe. Looking through the club members activities on the leaderboards I think most are hibernating til spring now. Hope to meet a couple at the indoor pool facility here at some point. Really need someone to run with on the odd occasion and cycle now and again.

Have my eye on an extreme tri in wales in august 2018. I know I said never but the spirit is willing although the flesh is weak. Grrrr insidious sport but if I do go for it will need some training and suffering buddies

on that.. the absolute coolest thing I've ever seen was the Norseman logo tattoo'd on someones calf. 

I don't have tattoos but damn, that kind of stuff needs to be celebrated to its fullest!

Have my eye on an extreme tri in wales in august 2018. I know I said never but the spirit is willing although the flesh is weak. Grrrr insidious sport but if I do go for it will need some training and suffering buddies

Hahahaha! We all knew it ICM. The brain forgets pain very quickly. 

you must do Celtman! Also a ridiculous looking extreme tri in Scotland.

Just,looked into it. Mmmm reckon the run would kill me but then the run always does. No end cut off limit I also find appealing cos once on the run I can take my time.

And the picture of the medal. Nice medal. The clock is in the middle of the run on the promenade. It was erected to commemorate Queen Victoria's reign in 1897. The promenade also has a memorial to the soldiers lost in WW1 and 2 from the Weymouth area. Kinda humbling to think men died in war and my worries were nothing in comparison.

Awesome and well done

Great race report and pictures

Now I'm somma lus to do one next year.

So jelly! Do it, ICM. I will live vicariously through you.

Haha, well I brought up the subject with wife and she did not sulk or go into "that's fine" mode. Reality is though I would have to make some drastic changes and being a lazy athlete that's the tough part. Will mull it over for a week or 7 and see how training goes when winter bites.

The welsh event is by invite and around 500 pounds, I would need to apply by 31 dec. The Celtman is 300 pounds. Also can do Challenge Roth but the price is R27 500 for entry and shared accommodation and still have to get there and pay for accommodation for wife. So 35k ish if I drive. That's a lotta loot.

Haha, well I brought up the subject with wife and she did not sulk or go into "that's fine" mode. Reality is though I would have to make some drastic changes and being a lazy athlete that's the tough part. Will mull it over for a week or 7 and see how training goes when winter bites.

The welsh event is by invite and around 500 pounds, I would need to apply by 31 dec. The Celtman is 300 pounds. Also can do Challenge Roth but the price is R27 500 for entry and shared accommodation and still have to get there and pay for accommodation for wife. So 35k ish if I drive. That's a lotta loot.

Challenge Roth looks like the biggest jam!

But that is crazy money

Challenge Roth is a bucket list item. It all sounds pretty awesome though. Your wife is awesome ICM. We are lucky to have supportive spouses. 

Challenge Roth is a bucket list item. It all sounds pretty awesome though. Your wife is awesome ICM. We are lucky to have supportive spouses.

Yip. Very fortunate. She sees me in pain and admonishes me for it but supports this madness. When I mentioned at extreme she not blink an eye.

We is lucky for sure.

As to challenge Roth, 35 large I can't justify. For that money I can do do IM PE again aN have a za holiday.

Edited by IceCreamMan

you must do Celtman! Also a ridiculous looking extreme tri in Scotland.

Am leaning towards celtman. Will need to find a runner to run with me for mountain section as per rules. Have a lass in mind. No final cut off appeals to me. Cut off of 13 hours at first Munro but after that it's good. Thanks for heads up

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

So Weymouth on the 23rd of September, any other hubbers in?

Training was going well until a couple of weeks ago, another knee issue. Thinki need to go under the knife and have it all cleaned out, every 6 months or so i have a problem and have to lay off for a couple of weeks. However, all in all i am ok i reckon.

Heres hoping the weather is kind, a nice warmish sunny day is whats needed please. :)