Bike finance

Sparky and the Warden

We have been trying to avoid engaging with comments relating to all aspects of crypto-veganism due to the fact that this thread related to bike finance.

try connect the dots - if you cannot - finance your bike by all means 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

try connect the dots - if you cannot - finance your bike by all means

[/quote

I believe you are trying to say how cryptoblahblah is such a sure thing that it would enable everyone to buy their bikes cash as opposed to financing them, how very intelligent of you.

All we have to do to avoid all finance activities and become superwealthy is to listen to the cryptoevangelist vegans.

Thanks for that valuable contribution.

A bicycle can be an investment into oneself and ones health. That is priceless cos once lost you will spend the rest of yr life trying to get it back. Thus if within yr budget I reckon it’s ok to finance a bike but always better to buy a more affordable bike cash.

Don’t finance to keep up with buddies or any of those crappy ego reasons though.

AN ride it often.

A bicycle can be an investment into oneself and ones health. That is priceless cos once lost you will spend the rest of yr life trying to get it back. Thus if within yr budget I reckon it’s ok to finance a bike but always better to buy a more affordable bike cash.

Don’t finance to keep up with buddies or any of those crappy ego reasons though.

AN ride it often.

Well spoken sir

AN ride it often.

Agreed, financing for ego reasons is just stupid but if you need to finance one cos you can't pay cash it's all good in my book!! Why the hell not, life is short.

No I don't have a bike on finance but I did once. Could afford the repayments so no problem as far as I'm concerned.

AN ride it often.

Uhm ja .....  :whistling:

Nice try ....  :devil:

"investment in your health" .... THIS can be done with an entry level bike.

I DO enjoy my "expensive" (for my budget) TREK, and it really brings a smile to my dial.

BUT it is the Merida which cost a THIRD of the TREK that does the commute and is the one that consistently improves my health ....  :eek:

DONT tell my wife that !!  :cursing:

there is but ONE reason we make debt for toys .... because we have an ITCH that needs scratching .....  :oops:

Oh come on people, stop trying make this binary again.

Financing a bicycle is different to financing a car. Trying to say its the same is just a false justification. Are they similar YES, same NO.

Whats next, are you going to try and tell me that financing a TV at DionWired is the same as raising corporate finance when trying to expand your business. Or that financing a house is the same as financing a fur coat.... where has critical thinking gone? Why are we so lazy that that we need to box things into either "I agree with none of that" or "I agree with all of that".

Financing a car you cannot afford is silly, but financing a bicycle you cannot afford is sillier. 

Whats next, are you going to try and tell me that financing a TV at DionWired is the same as raising corporate finance when trying to expand your business. 

It's actually easier to finance a TV or a bike than to get corporate finance :whistling:. Even if it's roughly the same amount.

It's actually easier to finance a TV or a bike than to get corporate finance :whistling:. Even if it's roughly the same amount.

Ironic isn't it.

Bank told a friend he could get a loan for "that amount" for a CAR, but they refused to lend him that amount for a business .....

I will make my last payment at the end of this month on a double cab bakkie. I bought it because 4 years back my boy was born and my single cab bakkie was to small and a pram would not fit in the boot of the car. I payed off the bakkie 1 year faster then my original payment contract.

Now i am very tempted to take half of the monthly payment i was used to pay and get a new bike. (old bike is wasted and would cost to much to upgrade)

Can you get finance for just a year?

Edited by Breezer

I will make my last payment at the end of this month on a double cab bakkie. I bought it because 4 years back my boy was born and my single cab bakkie was to small and a pram would not fit in the boot of the car. I payed off the bakkie 1 year faster then my original payment contract.

Now i am very tempted to take half of the monthly payment i was used to pay and get a new bike. (old bike is wasted and would cost to much to upgrade)

Can you get finance for just a year?

rather save one year and buy then cash :ph34r:

rather save one year and buy then cash :ph34r:

I know myself and i would just end up putting the money into my house bond. Were the other half is already going.

Bank told a friend he could get a loan for "that amount" for a CAR, but they refused to lend him that amount for a business .....

Yup, I reckon it has to do with the security of the loan. Car can always be sold to recover some of the debt, a bankrupt business with a desk and 2 PC's are not even worth the effort of the auction. Even personal liability is not always worth the paper it's written on if the director has nothing.