Selling test saddles?

Kalahari Vegmot

I've seen quite a few "unused; barely been used test saddle for sale" ads on the hub.

Is this legal, or is it only legal when that model is no longer made/sold by the bikeshop who bought or recieved it?

Got to say, I've always wondered about that...never been that desperate to buy a seat that has "test" all over it.

If it had a big "L" on it for "learner", that may suit me better :blush:

Got to say, I've always wondered about that...never been that desperate to buy a seat that has "test" all over it.

If it had a big "L" on it for "learner", that may suit me better :blush:

A bit of black electrical tape is all that's required, to add an e at the end......... :ph34r:

Twice picked up a "test saddle" at my local LBS in their discount box for under R200. Because I was still searching for 'The right one' I bought them as they were cheap. Never resold them but swapped them out with buddies. Don't see the issue with selling them if the price is reasonable.

Trying to find the right saddle is a total bummer, so appreciated the opportunity to test cheap. 

I always think it's odd that so many guys have amazing bikes but skimp on their saddle... It is probably the easiest contact point to get wrong and the most destructive if you do.

Almost new test saddles? As long as they are cheap and the buyer knows it has the rub of many asses I suppose it's ok. But I would prefer to buy it cheap and if it worked, spend money on a brand new one.

Twice picked up a "test saddle" at my local LBS in their discount box for under R200. Because I was still searching for 'The right one' I bought them as they were cheap. Never resold them but swapped them out with buddies. Don't see the issue with selling them if the price is reasonable.

Trying to find the right saddle is a total bummer, so appreciated the opportunity to test cheap. 

And this can be a very expensive project but oh so sweet when you find the right saddle.

There should be a swop-a-saddle section on the Hub.  

Who of you have decent saddles lying about?

Eddy's comment is the exception.  What the heart does not know, the eyes do not see.

Edited by Sepia

Once you have found that one amazing saddle, buy lots of them - you never know when you may need one...

all my bikes have the same saddle, all bought right here on the hub

I've seen quite a few "unused; barely been used test saddle for sale" ads on the hub.

Is this legal, or is it only legal when that model is no longer made/sold by the bikeshop who bought or recieved it?

You mean this kind of test saddle ?

Not one that someone bought to test (i.e. they 'buyed before they tried')

hubmarket-116288-0-17054200-1507120315_m

A Hubber known to me bought a second hand saddle from a racer who had a well published "gastric challenge" during an event..... :eek:  

If the price was not so good it may have been said to have been a k@k buy.... :whistling:

Think there was something smelly about that sale anyway.  :whistling:

Eddy's comment is the exception.  What the heart does not know, the eyes do not see.

We joke about it being more the sense of smell that would alert one..... :oops:

But we know that it was a lightly used top-end saddle and  identical to what the hubber had on his other bikes that he knew fitted his backside. Besides which, it not like a pair of secondhand bit-shorts and even if there were any real signs, nothing that a wipe down with some Cleangreen couldn't fix.

So other than something to rip a mate about, it was a complete bargain and we are mostly jealous. :drool:

I Think the saddle is the most important part on my bike. I've spent a small fortune on different brands and models. So one day I was out on a group ride with a couple of the local club guys. At that time I had some or the other Selle Italia model I was trying and I was constantly complaining about how uncomfortable that thing was. So one of the guys says to me that he has a Fizik Gobi that he is not using for that same reason and we can swop the two so I can try it out. My first ride testing the Gobi was a long 4 hour 80km ride. I Couldn't believe the comfort of that saddle and knew that was ''the one''. My three bikes has identical Gobi's and I've got a spare one just in case. 

Those ''TEST" saddles are ugly ! I Would definitely only use it to test. Each to his own though, that's just my opinion.

Am I the only one that finds this funny?