Tour de France 2018

gummibear

That's the big one, Thomas took it on stage 1 previously and Bergen was also on fresh legs.

If the Giro is anything to go by, nobody recovers as well for the 3rd week like Froome does. I'm willing to bet the same thing happens this week.

This!

3rd week Froome legs are to be feared!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there gaps between the start groups tomorrow, if not, it probably wont make a difference. Its not that there's a moerse single track from the start

Are there gaps between the start groups tomorrow, if not, it probably wont make a difference. Its not that there's a moerse single track from the start

Just a small hill to spread the field BEFORE the 1st piece of single track

Some really really technical and tricky descending today. (or in Paul Sherwen talk... some precarious descents)...

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of this today ...

post-6252-0-62087100-1532422045_thumb.gif

One of the descents is where Casartelli went down in 1995. Let's hope there is nothing that serious...

And it could be in the first rainstorm of the year. Bardet must be looking forward to the descent

Some really really technical and tricky descending today. (or in Paul Sherwen talk... some precarious descents)...

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of this today ...

attachicon.gifezgif.com-optimize.gif

One of the descents is where Casartelli went down in 1995. Let's hope there is nothing that serious...

Those French fans, we saw that side step!

If that happens, expect Salbutamol to be listed as some miracle recovery shake and spray.

I am waiting for the Poels hate to start. 

The okes been nowhere the first 2 weeks - people giving him a hard time (He is probably saving himself.)

Poels comes out after rest day and dishes out some PK - Same okes above will pull on till foil hats and cry on twitter...

Cant win.

Just had a look on letour.fr and it looks like they start in batches of 20 with no time gaps in between.

I reckon it'll be a huge anti climax as GC leaders wait for their support riders.

Small gaps would gave been better. Unfair but better.

Just had a look on letour.fr and it looks like they start in batches of 20 with no time gaps in between.

I reckon it'll be a huge anti climax as GC leaders wait for their support riders.

Small gaps would gave been better. Unfair but better.

What exactly is the point then?

Edited by Bub Marley

If that happens, expect Salbutamol to be listed as some miracle recovery shake and spray.

That one injects into your arm?

(a la Sky hecklers)

What exactly is the point then?

I'm not really sure.

There is a warm up area and sign on ends 30 mins before the start to give riders a chance to warm up...

I think they're trying for the MotoGP/F1 grid type atmosphere....

It is beautifully written.

My favourite part:

'Van Avermaet rolls away. Gets ten feet down the road. Red light. He stops. Waits. An amateur blows the light. Van Avermaet keeps waiting, standing there in that quintessential red-light pose, right foot unclipped and stuck out to make a tire/tire/foot tripod. It’s the same pose he strikes at the start line of the Tour of Flanders. But this is just a red light in Carcassonne under a bleaching rest day sun'

From the comments section: 'I love the contrast. Van Avermaet gets it. Sky, not so much.

From the comments section: 'I love the contrast. Van Avermaet gets it. Sky, not so much.

What? Brailsford is a PR genius! I'm pretty sure french fans will be falling all over themselves trying to hug Brailsford at the start today...