Tour de France 2018

gummibear

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Race stopped due to smelly french protesters.... viva le resistance!

Yeah... difficult to point that at 'cosmopolitan crowd' 

Really difficult to blame the UK for Brexit.

I would guess farmers - it wouldn't be the first time farmers stopped the race.

What could French farmers possibly be protesting against?  All the illegal subsidies they receive from their government?  :whistling:

Teargas. You are kidding! That stuff is no fun at all, a friend tells me. Be interesting to see who tests positive for what after inhaling that. Or if they will allow higher levels of whatever asthma medications everyone uses. Nothing like a face full of teargas to tighten up the chest a little, I am told.

What could French farmers possibly be protesting against?  All the illegal subsidies they receive from their government?  :whistling:

Landgrabs and farm killings. Tough in France you know.

What could French farmers possibly be protesting against? All the illegal subsidies they receive from their government? :whistling:

They protest during the TDF every year..normally line up a field with lots of tractors, with a few banners up.. first time in years that the have caused an incident and forced the race to be stopped.

Was it the police teargas that caused the issue with the riders eyes?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Probably protesting at the reduced subsidies as the cash cow of Brexit will leave a big hole for them and they may have to work hard for a living.....

They protest during the TDF every year..normally line up a field with lots of tractors, with a few banners up.. first time in years that the have caused an incident and forced the race to be stopped.

Was it the police teargas that caused the issue with the riders eyes?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Some sources has it as police teargas, yes

Do you think we might see people trying to move into different groups to help there teams tomorrow with the group starts. I see if Bernal picks up about 90s he could move into the top 20 and would then start with CF and GT.

Do you think we might see people trying to move into different groups to help there teams tomorrow with the group starts. I see if Bernal picks up about 90s he could move into the top 20 and would then start with CF and GT.

If you can figure this out, then the other teams have figured this out and I doubt they would 'allow' Bernal to pick up 90s.

He will have to earn those 90s and that is going to be difficult. If all the teams were in as big a disaray as Katusha then maybe, but I'm sure Sunweb and Movistar have that in their minds