Tour de France 2018

gummibear

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few posts up explains it.. a case of mistaken identity.

Do you believe that its that simple and innocent? Not trying too argue, but really interested to hear if you think it should just be dismissed that easily.

What was impressive about Quintanas stage win is that he had two mechanicals that would've disrupted his race big time over such a short distance.

Climbing too is all about rhythm and concentrated focus.

What a climber.

Really? Do you think his recent results and performances is deserving of such an praise?

Do you believe that its that simple and innocent? Not trying too argue, but really interested to hear if you think it should just be dismissed that easily.

A few journos have said it was chaotic going down the mtn with riders and fans and press and the cops stopped a lot of people, journos incl to see their passes.

So I do not think it was malicious.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Interesting observation: none of the GC group had disk brakes, even though this stage involved technical descending.

I think that scenario would probably change with wet weather descending Christie

Rim brieke is definitely still effective

And then there’s weight saving ????????‍♀️

IMO..... TD sucks more wheel than NQ. 2min is to much for TD to make up on the TT. Someone needs to stick a firecracker up his arse. 

Dumoulin has attacked plenty of times in his career so I can't agree with this. He also doesn't have that explosive pace that NQ has so it's more difficult for him as he is more a diesel. He's objectives would be to limit losses on mountain climbs and make this up in the TT.

Quintana only seems to attack once the pressure off and there's no chance of a GC win. Yesterday was the first time he in donkey years where he actually just went for it. Normally he attacks and then hopes someone joins him and then wants that person to work with him.

A few journos have said it was chaotic going down the mtn with riders and fans and press and the cops stopped a lot of people, journos incl to see their passes.

So I do not think it was malicious.

I don't know how this works, but do you need a pass to be on the hill? And what would the rules be about descending, for the public, once the race is over?

I don't know how this works, but do you need a pass to be on the hill? And what would the rules be about descending, for the public, once the race is over?

Having gone to a few GTs, and ridden down the hills with the riders after the stage (its the only way down for the thousands of people on the hill) I have never seen this. 

Think the public are only allowed to ride down after all the riders, team staff and press are down.

actually a an interesting question...

Do you think it is that simple and innocent that sky had a package delivered to a certain rider before a big tour?

Do you think it s that simple and innocent that they require TUE's?

Do you think it is that simple and innocent that the testing system is not correct for sulbutamol and it was 100% innocent having double the allowed volume?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Once you have watched Icarus it is hard to believe that any single rider in that race is not pushing the legal and ethical boundary somewhere...

What makes me think Chris is pissed at that cop....

So much for having your bodyguard with you....

actually a an interesting question...

Do you think it is that simple and innocent that sky had a package delivered to a certain rider before a big tour? Nope

Do you think it s that simple and innocent that they require TUE's? Nope

Do you think it is that simple and innocent that the testing system is not correct for sulbutamol and it was 100% innocent having double the allowed volume? Nope

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Once you have watched Icarus it is hard to believe that any single rider in that race is not pushing the legal and ethical boundary somewhere... Yip, but funny how the teams with rider who actually get caught dont get piss thrown at them, or even the riders who come back after a ban, like Valverde and Contador. 

But that has NOTHING to do with the question I asked.

Edited by Patchelicious