Tour de France 2018

gummibear

On the Gilbert-misjudgement topic... does anyone know what happened to the rider that smashed into a support vehicle about a year ago? (No, not Keegan). He was also travelling at an enormous speed and missed the cornering line completely.

If I recall correctly, it was in some US race?

Edit... a quick google shows Matt Brammeier.. and it was 2015 already... yoh, time flies

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on today?

I'm predicting the following:

- Froome getting distanced and maybe clawing back again. Jaded legs from the last few back to back Grand Tour wins. maybe dropping to 3rd in the standings.

- Thomas riding away again for yet another win.

- Dumoulin gritting his teeth and just not staying with Thomas.

- possibly a nightmare stage with a billion spectators on the roads

- commentators talking about sprinters not making the time cut

Today is yellow for Froome I reckon. He may have ridden a few GTs but he has ridden very little else.

Third week Froome legs are impressive and I think he has better 3 week stage race control with lower fatigue than the others.

On the Gilbert-misjudgement topic... does anyone know what happened to the rider that smashed into a support vehicle about a year ago? (No, not Keegan). He was also travelling at an enormous speed and missed the cornering line completely.

If I recall correctly, it was in some US race?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Matt Brammeier is alive and well and riding for Aqua Blue Sport.

Today is yellow for Froome I reckon. He may have ridden a few GTs but he has ridden very little else.

Third week Froome legs are impressive and I think he has better 3 week stage race control with lower fatigue than the others.

Could be because all that Alpine air has cleared his asthma...

What time does the le mans start happen today?

I am predicting another Barguil failed attack, Fuglsang and Zakarin to find their legs and disappear, Latour to try to take time on Martin for the white and Nairo Quintana to lay down a massive attack after attack after attack until Julian AlaphiRicco barnstorms up Saint-Lary-Solan to take another win for the wolf pack....

(coming nearly last on the fantasy game, no idea why)

If Froome does not go into yellow today or setup a lead on TummyD then we may have TummyD taking it in the ITT.

Froome needs to do something today or risk losing the chance to get his 5th Maillot Jaune possibly.

The ITT will be hugely exciting as the top Dawg-s( excuse the pun ) will be going FULL GAZ.

Almost every day it's been predicted there'll be 'fireworks' from the GC riders but alas to my mind we are generally disappointed ... Too much marking and checking and strategising and DS instructions and radios and stuff going on.

Anyway I hope I'm wrong and that today no 'horses' are spared.

Thinking about today's stage, the Afrikaans saying comes to mind: "Vandag gaan die koring van die kaf geskei word".

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yip I also think today you are going to see the sparks fly.  One Eurosport last night on the recap of the stage Fletcha was showing what he thinks are clear signs of Froome getting into form.  Froome was covering the attacks yesterday when it was needed.  I hope he has the legs.

Yip I also think today you are going to see the sparks fly.  One Eurosport last night on the recap of the stage Fletcha was showing what he thinks are clear signs of Froome getting into form.  Froome was covering the attacks yesterday when it was needed.  I hope he has the legs.

Agreed. The recent Froome MO seems to be start the tour "undercooked" restricting losses in the first two weeks then hit them in week 3 when their legs are more fatigued than his.

I'm liking Froome - he has had some fun moments in the last year or two - downhill breakaways, sprinting against Sagan, 80km giro roll of the dice. Sky may stifle racing a bit but Froome has added some excitement.

I'd like Roglic to win though  :thumbup: