Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Will likely motivate Sky management and team to win it by a mile and stick 2 fingers up to the French lol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One things for sure.... Success at cycling wins you much hate!

agree 100%

Most teams that are winning often are disliked by the opposition.

FWIW, I hope someone else wins the Tour. Not because I’m not a CF fan but because it’s bound to be an exciting contest if 2, 3 or 4 guys are in contention going into the final few stages.

I’m not a hater/disliker, I just don’t like him as a rider, and I’m not afraid to hide the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No such thing as bad publicity...? How bad does it need to get before Sky pulls the plug on sponsorship of the team?

What bad publicity? I know bad publicity and this isn’t it [emoji13]

I've just seen on the "Zona Zero" FB page that this Sunday there is a "closed roads" ride up the "Col du Portet", which features on Stage 17 of this years race.  

It's just up the road, so it's tempting . . . .

"This weekend we are waiting for you in Saint Lary !! In L'Etape d'Aure and on Sunday inaugurating the Col du Portet, the great novelty of this Tour de France 2018."

https://www.colduportet.fr/en/what-s-on/inauguration-of-the-col-du-portet

Foome did not exactly receive a heroes welcome from the crowd at the team presentation !!

Foome did not exactly receive a heroes welcome from the crowd at the team presentation !!

The French, classy as always.

I'm going to wear my Team Sky shirt on Sunday so that I can "taunt the French some more...."

If this race were politics it could play out as follows:

- Race is under threat from disruption and image issues.

- Sky taking heat because of Froome.

- Froome in potential danger from lunatic fringe.

Solution. Froome rides a few days, has a minor "incident" and withdraws from the race and is compensated for his disappointment and comes back next year and wins his fifth tile...….

I'm going to wear my Team Sky shirt on Sunday so that I can "taunt the French some more...."

Shout slogans in English too........that will make you even more popular 

Don't think he would ever have, regardless of the Salbutamol Fiasco. French never did like him, now they have a very good reason to not like him more, regardless of declared innocence.

How funny was G with "We love the French" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He said it with all the sincerity that I say "I'm sorry I stopped for an after-ride drink with friends and got home late. I will never do it again"

Archived