Thread of Shame

Furbz

So lately i've noticed some real nobs riding around.

which has finally led me to start the thread of shame - a thread where you post pictures of cyclists giving other cyclists a bad name.

Last week was a guy riding without a helmet down main road, the week before that was 4 riders abreast on Ceder.

TAKE A PIC OF THE PERPS. AND POST IT HERE.

hopefully a little peer pressure will help sort this sort of behaviour out

Check this special out.

Can you imagine how irritated cars coming past must have been?

this oke did not care one little bit

he rode almost the entire way up the Steyn City Hill like this.

post-19822-0-05717300-1510560052_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-48706400-1510560064_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-73432700-1510560086_thumb.jpg

post-19822-0-13713200-1510560100_thumb.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So lately i've noticed some real nobs riding around.

which has finally led me to start the thread of shame - a thread where you post pictures of cyclists giving other cyclists a bad name.

Last week was a guy riding without a helmet down main road, the week before that was 4 riders abreast on Ceder.

TAKE A PIC OF THE PERPS. AND POST IT HERE.

hopefully a little peer pressure will help sort this sort of behaviour out

Check this special out.

Can you imagine how irritated cars coming past must have been?

this oke did not care one little bit

he rode almost the entire way up the Steyn City Hill like this.

attachicon.gif20171111_103455(0)_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif20171111_103456_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif20171111_103458_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif20171113_094938.jpg

So what did you do about it ???

Did you tell him he is a tjop ???

This one's going south.

3e7d92ee4da9718b0f77335953e153b0.jpg

It is clear from the picture that there is not sufficient room for a car to pass safely and still remain in the lane that is still to be painted. The cyclists were doing fellow road users a favor by reducing the time required to veer into the oncoming lane.

PS : Am I the only one that thinks name and shame posts are ridiculous? What happened to just talking to someone to understand their reasoning? Attacking someone on an online forum from behind your user name and with them not having a reasonable chance to tell their side is just cowardly.

Edit: upon Looking at the pic again it seems like cars could easily pass in the right lane of a double carriage road, so the original post is even more daft than I initially thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a serious issue with the dude on the left. He either has no socks on or very short socks or skin coloured socks.

Yes, i thought that's what was being zoomed in on.

I have a serious issue with the dude on the left. He either has no socks on or very short socks or skin coloured socks.

They look like ankle socks :o

The horror :excl:

3e7d92ee4da9718b0f77335953e153b0.jpg

I'm not disputing the logic in that diagram, but the reality is in South Africa it is illegal to cycle two abreast unless you are passing - so this is irrelevant unless we are campaigning to have laws changed.

Cyclist on the right is breaking the law, finish and klaar.

I'm not disputing the logic in that diagram, but the reality is in South Africa it is illegal to cycle two abreast unless you are passing - so this is irrelevant unless we are campaigning to have laws changed.

Cyclist on the right is breaking the law, finish and klaar.

So is every motorist passing less than 1 meter from a cyclist. Naming and shaming does not change behavior, it only further polarizes road users. Finish and klaar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived