Thread of Shame

Furbz

Just by the by, i was cycling when i took these pics.

had to ride between these 2.

i agree let's take the who cares attitude and then B**ch when another one of us is killed

#notmyproblem

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the most glaringly obvious fail in that picture is that they are riding on the tar when there is a massive piece of gravel to their left.

i agree let's take the who cares attitude and then B**ch when another one of us is killed

#notmyproblem

So you were too **** scared to say anything to us them when it happened, now you are ranting here?

So you were too **** scared to say anything to us them when it happened, now you are ranting here?

Did you say hello?  :whistling:

#notmyproblem

So strava flybys can give you names if you really want. But I wouldn't suggest that.

and what would that have accomplished - would he have been sympathetic?

Do you think that confronting those two would have helped or possibly made it worse?

And the again, the OP is not the problem here, the guys riding like that are.

i better not take pics of all the children in our hood...who I am pleased to say are finally starting to  come out the houses and riding bicycles on the road...(havent seen this since i was a kid) considering it is a suburb where children shouldnt feel threatened by vehicles...i personally wouldnt allow my kids to ride on the road even if it is a cul de sac...considering the attitude of entitlement motorist feel about "their roads" and the rules...which they break everyday...from texting while driving...crossing solid lines...jumping stop streets...drunken driving...and the most common...speeding...what happened to the good old days of speed traps. 

Quite impressed with my neighbour, they see me kitted up for my bike rides and the dad once asked me is it worth buying them a helmet, I showed him the scratches and marks on mine.....

And he went and bought a couple for them!

So strava flybys can give you names if you really want. But I wouldn't suggest that.

So that actually works...

3e7d92ee4da9718b0f77335953e153b0.jpg

It is clear from the picture that there is not sufficient room for a car to pass safely and still remain in the lane that is still to be painted. The cyclists were doing fellow road users a favor by reducing the time required to veer into the oncoming lane.

PS : Am I the only one that thinks name and shame posts are ridiculous? What happened to just talking to someone to understand their reasoning? Attacking someone on an online forum from behind your user name and with them not having a reasonable chance to tell their side is just cowardly.

Edit: upon Looking at the pic again it seems like cars could easily pass in the right lane of a double carriage road, so the original post is even more daft than I initially thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1440258908508.jpg

if it was them they'd be on a tandem...

They would be PUSHING the tandem up that hill.....

oops - not friday yet...

What was the name of the Facebook page from last year, or before, of local cradle motorists who were trying to track down the driver-beating cyclist (allegedly) in the lurid top? if that's still running they regularly posted largely, dubious cycling manoeuvres for debate?

TLTR

End of the day 80% of chops arent on bikehub shame on facebook groups hopefully then they will get the message. I would like to think that most people on bikehub is more bike conscious.

PS: and always pointout their mistakes when you past them just make sure you got enough juice in the legs to leave them in the dust to really make a statement haha

It is even pointless to confront people like this as they will just tell you to F""" off, mind your business etc. 

TLTR

End of the day 80% of chops arent on bikehub shame on facebook groups hopefully then they will get the message. I would like to think that most people on bikehub is more bike conscious.

PS: and always pointout their mistakes when you past them just make sure you got enough juice in the legs to leave them in the dust to really make a statement haha

Many community pages and groups actually prohibits naming and shaming as it is counter intuitive. It is one of my pet peeves when I see a picture of some offense where the poster could have just dealt with it in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived