Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

Shu. You are brave. Stage 19 sounds like a humdinger. I think who's on the podium will be decided by then but the order on the podium could be decided on stage 19.

One heart choice

One team strength choice

One form book / horses for courses choice

GO RUSTY ????

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumoulin on Froome being at the Giro during the press conference:

"It's his decision to be here. As I said, my team is part of the Movement for Credible Cycling (MPCC), and if I had been in his place, I would not have been here. But I repeat that it was his choice and I have no opinion about it, "

"His presence here is not good for cycling. Nobody wants this to happen, including Froome. Starting the giro with all the doubt and insecurity is no wonder. Maybe he wants to win the race, and after a few weeks they decide to take victory from him. It would not be comfortable for him either. It would not be comfortable for anyone, but I can not do anything about it, "

Dumoulin told the Italian media Tuttobiciweb.it.

Froome:

"I understand Dumoulin's frustration, but at the same time I have the right to come here and ride for victory to prove that I have not done anything wrong. It should have remained a confidential procedure, but it was published and I'm not satisfied, "said Froome to Tuttobiciweb.it

Dumoulin on Froome being at the Giro during the press conference:

"It's his decision to be here. As I said, my team is part of the Movement for Credible Cycling (MPCC), and if I had been in his place, I would not have been here. But I repeat that it was his choice and I have no opinion about it, "

"His presence here is not good for cycling. Nobody wants this to happen, including Froome. Starting the giro with all the doubt and insecurity is no wonder. Maybe he wants to win the race, and after a few weeks they decide to take victory from him. It would not be comfortable for him either. It would not be comfortable for anyone, but I can not do anything about it, "

Dumoulin told the Italian media Tuttobiciweb.it.

Kinda sounds like he has an opinion on it.

RECOMMENDED SICKNESS LEAVE DAYS

Stage 6: The race’s first uphill finish to Mt. Etna (15km at 6.5%) and the first real indication of who’s climbing well. Plus, the scenery is impressive.

Stage 8: The second uphill finish, to Montevergine di Mercogliano (17.1km at 5%). Hopefully the GC riders come out to play.

Stage 9: The second straight uphill finish and the third in four days. The last climb is a 26.5km effort which gets steeper towards the end (4.5km at 8.2%). Hopefully the GC contenders will stretch their legs here before the second rest day.

Stage 14: Monte Zoncolan, a true monster of a climb and an iconic test for the riders.

Stage 15:: A lumpy stage across the dolomites finishes with a tricky finish into Sappada. This stage doesn’t have the grandiosity of others, but will be sneaky difficult.

Ag shame .... the toils of being an employee

Ag shame .... the toils of being an employee

The benefits of being an employer... tv in the creative room is Giro all the way baby and if the minions want to hot desk in there then they can but they had better know their campag' from their campari

As has been mentioned on the Chris Froome thread itself several times, the phrase . .

"It should have remained a confidential procedure, but it was published . . . "

sums it up perfectly. People are talking about and making judgement on something they shouldn't even know about.

Any rider caught cheating deserves to be punished, no question about it. But whatever the official rules are regarding the processes that should be followed in this situation, well those are exactly the rules that should be being followed, to the letter.

The benefits of being an employer... tv in the creative room is Giro all the way baby and if the minions want to hot desk in there then they can but they had better know their campag' from their campari

Back in my Employer days I would have been loved at least just one troll to show just a hint of interest in cycling ... but no, it was all about Big Brother,  5pm and Payday.

I even offered to sponsor  event entry fees for them and their families....

As has been mentioned on the Chris Froome thread itself several times, the phrase . .

"It should have remained a confidential procedure, but it was published . . . "

sums it up perfectly. People are talking about and making judgement on something they shouldn't even know about.

Any rider caught cheating deserves to be punished, no question about it. But whatever the official rules are regarding the processes that should be followed in this situation, well those are exactly the rules that should be being followed, to the letter.

Man.. I enjoyed and miss the classics already.. no Froome = no media circus and "should he shouldn't he articles"...where they actually wrote articles about the races.

The only thing I noticed about Froome is that he looks a bit healthier than what he normally does before the start of a GT.

Edit..this isn't me saying he shouldn't be there.. he is allowed to be there and within the rules, whether I agree with it or not makes no diffirence ..it's me gatvol of the media.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Man.. I enjoyed and miss the classics already.. no Froome = no media circus and "should he shouldn't he articles"...where they actually wrote articles about the races.

The only thing I noticed about Froome is that he looks a bit healthier than what he normally does before the start of a GT.

Edit..this isn't me saying he shouldn't be there.. he is allowed to be there and within the rules, whether I agree with it or not makes no diffirence ..it's me gatvol of the media.

Me too.

Me too.

Yes they must ask the difficult questions but dammit can they actually cover the race, it's not going away till after the TDF..Froome will stall until his race season is over... so we can expect the circus to continue for some time and the races to be spoiled by it.

RECOMMENDED SICKNESS LEAVE DAYS

Stage 6: The race’s first uphill finish to Mt. Etna (15km at 6.5%) and the first real indication of who’s climbing well. Plus, the scenery is impressive.

Stage 8: The second uphill finish, to Montevergine di Mercogliano (17.1km at 5%). Hopefully the GC riders come out to play.

Stage 9: The second straight uphill finish and the third in four days. The last climb is a 26.5km effort which gets steeper towards the end (4.5km at 8.2%). Hopefully the GC contenders will stretch their legs here before the second rest day.

Stage 14: Monte Zoncolan, a true monster of a climb and an iconic test for the riders.

Stage 15:: A lumpy stage across the dolomites finishes with a tricky finish into Sappada. This stage doesn’t have the grandiosity of others, but will be sneaky difficult.

all the stages in RED are on the weekends....

Archived