Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love the way politicians are always out to blame someone to justify their job and existence... whilst at the same time fiddling their own tax and expenses....lol

One can also say that if you are using a TUE for performance enhancement and not for a medical reason then that is breaking the WADA code.

Wonder who was all part of that select group who trained separate.. 2012 was a long time ago I can't even remember who all was part of Sky besides Wiggins and Froome.

Surely in light of this report WADA will launch their own investigation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well Wiggo's book on his 2012 win, suggest his 'wingmen' (Ch 9) were Mick Rogers, Porte, Siutsou, Knees, Eisel, EBH and Froome. I don't think it makes any reference to them training apart as this group, although on p134 it does state "....and the core of the group had raced and trained together all year, which I think made all the difference.".

Just 2+ 2, to be made into any number one wants?!

love the way politicians are always out to blame someone to justify their job and existence... whilst at the same time fiddling their own tax and expenses....lol

Let's just use broad sweeping statements to defend the wrongdoings of a single cycling team (and/or cyclist).

Not all politicians are dodgy.

Not all cyclists dope.

Not all motorists drive like tosses.

Not all businessmen are crooked.

If your anger is at the messenger, it's probably because you don't like the message he's delivering.

From VeloNews:

Tour de France officials are growing exasperated over the perceived slow progress of Chris Froome’s Salbutamol case and the growing likelihood it could remain unresolved as the 2018 racing season unfolds.

Team Sky’s Froome is set to race for the second time this season at Tirreno-Adriatico on Wednesday, and race organizers across the peloton are waiting uneasily on the sidelines as the case plays out behind closed doors.

Tour director Christian Prudhomme expressed dismay that Froome is competing while his case is adjudicated, and pressed UCI officials to resolve the case immediately.

“This is crazy,” Prudhomme told a French TV channel. “What we want is an answer. Not just for the Tour de France, but all organizers. That there is a [cyclist] who is at the start line who might later be told he shouldn’t be there. It’s completely farcical. We need an answer.”

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2018/03/news/tour-de-france-boss-prudhomme-demands-answers-in-froomes-doping-probe_458713#LFjmFfc4KPXdxrIm.99

And the plot thickens

One legal expert told VeloNews that if Froome were to be banned, any results between the Vuelta and a possible ruling would likely stand. In other words, if Froome won the Giro d’Italia in May and was banned in June, the Giro victory would not be erased. That’s not a guarantee, the legal source said, but very likely since Salbutamol is a “specified” product and Froome has not been provisionally banned.
Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2018/03/news/tour-de-france-boss-prudhomme-demands-answers-in-froomes-doping-probe_458713#mBIJe2WzqK9VVdLa.99

While everybody is jumping on the #BurnSky bus I think the biggest problem/disgrace is the inability of the UCI to deal with the problem.  When a item gets put on the banned list surely you should also know how to deal with a team/athlete when they get busted.  When you are not sure then maybe it should not be on the banned list until the research is done and all knows what is going on.  Just my ignorant view of things.

From VeloNews:

Tour de France officials are growing exasperated over the perceived slow progress of Chris Froome’s Salbutamol case and the growing likelihood it could remain unresolved as the 2018 racing season unfolds.

Team Sky’s Froome is set to race for the second time this season at Tirreno-Adriatico on Wednesday, and race organizers across the peloton are waiting uneasily on the sidelines as the case plays out behind closed doors.

Tour director Christian Prudhomme expressed dismay that Froome is competing while his case is adjudicated, and pressed UCI officials to resolve the case immediately.

“This is crazy,” Prudhomme told a French TV channel. “What we want is an answer. Not just for the Tour de France, but all organizers. That there is a [cyclist] who is at the start line who might later be told he shouldn’t be there. It’s completely farcical. We need an answer.”

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2018/03/news/tour-de-france-boss-prudhomme-demands-answers-in-froomes-doping-probe_458713#LFjmFfc4KPXdxrIm.99

I'm 100% with Prudhomme, but rools is rools... that's the way the boerewors bends as much as it currently sucks. Perhaps it's time for race organisers to wield some power? Perhaps beating the UCT with a carrot-shaped stick would work?

While everybody is jumping on the #BurnSky bus I think the biggest problem/disgrace is the inability of the UCI to deal with the problem. When a item gets put on the banned list surely you should also know how to deal with a team/athlete when they get busted. When you are not sure then maybe it should not be on the banned list until the research is done and all knows what is going on. Just my ignorant view of things.

Go to the real problem....WADA..

I'm 100% with Prudhomme, but rools is rools... that's the way the boerewors bends as much as it currently sucks. Perhaps it's time for race organisers to wield some power? Perhaps beating the UCT with a carrot-shaped stick would work?

They definitely need to change up some of the process so that there is a time limit on proceedings

Let's just use broad sweeping statements to defend the wrongdoings of a single cycling team (and/or cyclist).

Not all politicians are dodgy.

Not all cyclists dope.

Not all motorists drive like tosses.

Not all businessmen are crooked.

If your anger is at the messenger, it's probably because you don't like the message he's delivering.

And the way you write is so unbiased !! #bereal

And the way you write is so unbiased !! #bereal

Again - stop getting agro with the messenger...

I'm not biased, I'm cynical and realistic.

Part of me died with Operation Puerto. There was no way Der Kaiser would do something silly like store blood bags at a gynaecologist's office. He was Der Kaiser, the crusher of souls. He didn't need PEDs to win bike races. Unlike that pesky Yank.

It’s about now when some wise ass / one steps in and says:

You will never stop cheating and the endless speculation that follows it...introduce strict medical / health controls and let them get on with it....

From VeloNews:

Since Froome's 'positive' would have been secret if it had not been leaked to the press, it makes you wonder how many more incidents have been lurking around that we just never heard about. 

Archived