Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Since Froome's 'positive' would have been secret if it had not been leaked to the press, it makes you wonder how many more incidents have been lurking around that we just never heard about. 

Answer below

In last weeks Velonews podcast http://www.velonews.com/2018/02/podcast/vn-podcast-ep-69-cx-worlds-recap-froome-racing_456600

They mention a lot of intriguing facts. 26min into it they refer to an Article by Peter Cousins where since 2015 Wada have had 300 cases of AAF. Of that about 100 cases were dealt with in accordance to the UCI mandate and us the public and the media never ever knew whom they were or which team. So in accordance with the mandate, we are only supposed to be notified once the athlete and team have lost their case. If successful then no one should be the wiser. 

So then the real question is, why did the whistleblower leak this out to the press and not allow the process to run its course as per the previous 300 cases? Favouritism against Sky and/or Froome? or Does said Whistleblower not believe that Wada and the UCI are able to do its job effectively? or is it a New UCI president political power play which in the end has backfired and is tarnishing the image of the sport?

One thing is for sure, the sport if worse off for the leak and I personally would have preferred due process to be adhered to, if found guilty then and ONLY THEN should everyone in the world have been notified and rider and team crucified. BUT that is my opinion. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Secret Pro has a bit of a dig too:

Most of you have heard of this Chris Froome guy. He is a great rider with top results, but there’s this one result he’s having some trouble with. His Salbutamol levels were twice the allowed limit at the Vuelta. That’s a big no-no. I’d go as far as to say it’s the result he’s least proud of, and he had some real stinkers back in his Barloworld days.

From https://cyclingtips.com/2018/03/secret-pro-froome-stay-home/

With that many cases being dealt with by WADA it does make you wonder how many riders other than Froome are currently being looked at but that we don't know about, because their details haven't been leaked?

With that many cases being dealt with by WADA it does make you wonder how many riders other than Froome are currently being looked at but that we don't know about, because their details haven't been leaked?

Yes. And they're all riding and competing just like Froome (who we only know about because it was LEAKED). Who knows how many wins will be accumulated under this cloud?  :eek:

Yes. And they're all riding and competing just like Froome (who we only know about because it was LEAKED). Who knows how many wins will be accumulated under this cloud?  :eek:

If it turns out that Froome "bent the rules as far as they would bend before they broke" but feels like he didn't "cross any ethical line" . . . .I am going to hunt him down . . . .

The Sun. There is nothing even remotely useful, informative or fact checked I the sun.

If Wiggins ate an apple they'd have a double bolded size 300 font headline about WIGGO USING GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANIC DRUG TO WIN TOUR DE FRANCE.

The Sun. There is nothing even remotely useful, informative or fact checked I the sun.

If Wiggins ate an apple they'd have a double bolded size 300 font headline about WIGGO USING GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANIC DRUG TO WIN TOUR DE FRANCE.

But hey, if it suits your tune, why not use it!!

Huigenoot says he is clean!

Does The Sun still have a page 3.....special?

Just about sums up the modern media.

Ja well there is always a wag; from another forum "there are so many asthmatics on the Sky Team they can't even blow the whistle on doping". :devil:

I hope so, it helps improve my performance!! 

Just checked on-line. They don't.

But they do have an advice column. Today's episode is :

DEAR DEIDRE : I'm the father of my stepsister's baby and we are in love. What do we do ?

Again - attacking the messenger. The Sun weren't the only newspaper to report on this:

post-275-0-18858700-1520414877_thumb.jpg

post-275-0-12343200-1520414878_thumb.jpg

post-275-0-22992200-1520414879_thumb.jpg

post-275-0-72278200-1520414879_thumb.jpg

post-275-0-38929100-1520414880_thumb.jpg

Archived