Bib-shorts

BikeisLife

Cycle Lab currently has a special for their T.Mille (ASSOS) @ R1799 if you buy 3. This is really not a bad deal if you can get some mates to join in and each get one.

But then again that Ciovita bib that Mad Marc has shown looks real proper. I would actually consider that one. Are you going to keep your Sports Bra from Takealot or do you want to to flog it?

Solomons has the Mille for R1800 I see and the Indola Enduro which looks really good for R1100

Not going to keep the sports bra :)

DM me and I can send you a pic. I can't remember what I even paid for it, R500 I think

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought in the Freestate you would use 2 x pairs of rugby shorts?!

This is pure Souf Effrikan gold ????????????

Cycle Lab currently has a special for their T.Mille (ASSOS) @ R1799 if you buy 3. This is really not a bad deal if you can get some mates to join in and each get one. 

But then again that Ciovita bib that Mad Marc has shown looks real proper. I would actually consider that one. Are you going to keep your Sports Bra from Takealot or do you want to to flog it?

With my Bibs order i sneaked this in when the wife wasn't looking - wore it on Sat road ride = a proper cycling jacket

https://ciovita.co.za/products/mens-apex-contego-jacket

Solomons is actually the best place to go for Assos, just one word of caution which I have picked up in the past (Now don't get me wrong, I have purchased lots of stuff from them in the past and will continue to do so in the future) - Know your brand and prices when going there. I have found on multiple occasions that some of the Assos bibs are an older model than the latest stuff (not by much - like end of range items). Now this is not an issue, I mean Assos is Assos but all I am saying is that Solomons may have a S7 @ R1800 and the latest stuff the T range (I may have my letters crossed - sorry about that), that is on sale elsewhere for like R2k but its a later product  :thumbup:. I guess what I'm saying is that you must just ensure to compare apples with apples when visiting them  :D

One other side note that ties into the first statement about knowing the prices elsewhere: They're very quick to give discount to secure the sale but sometimes the new "discounted"

price is very close to online prices 

Solomons has the Mille for R1800 I see and the Indola Enduro which looks really good for R1100

Not going to keep the sports bra :)

DM me and I can send you a pic. I can't remember what I even paid for it, R500 I think

My question, which I posed to them as well (They've not yet replied). I actually know what the answer is but I'm also a "loop hole" king  :whistling:

So they have 15% off today or this weekend. Now, I'm a first time buyer and am also eligible for a 10% discount because I've registered to their newsletter and then lastly, I got a 15% discount code at the Baviaans which I can also apply. So technically I need to be able to apply all three discount codes and not just the one. 

Yes I know this means that I'm looking for a 45% discount on the items I want to purchase but lets think about this for a while: 

• Am I a first time buyer who registered for their news letter? - Yes
  • Did I receive a 15% code for the Trans2019? - Yes
  • Do they have a 15% discount running for this weekend? - Yes
  • Am I planning on buying three different items on three different occasions just to apply all three codes? - No, that does not make sense

This conundrum reminds me about a 10% discount code I got at a restaurant at the V&A one time. The discount code was for a 10% discount per meal. My wife was with me and she had the same coupon. When the bill came they wanted to apply only 10% discount to my bill, I then said hang on - I am eligible for a 20% discount because even though my wife and I shared a table we had two meals and two codes hence, 10% discount for each  :wacko:

The manager did not like the way I saw this special deal but after I asked him to then split the bill for my wife and I & I then asked my wife to go and sit at another table then he conceded to the 20%  :clap:

The website will most probably circumvent my logic by allowing me to only apply one discount code, hence only giving me the 15% discount but from a principle point of view I will then not buy anything  :D

Ciovita having a 15% off site-wide sale this weekend for those who are interested.

Edited by RobertWhitehead

This conundrum reminds me about a 10% discount code I got at a restaurant at the V&A one time. The discount code was for a 10% discount per meal. My wife was with me and she had the same coupon. When the bill came they wanted to apply only 10% discount to my bill, I then said hang on - I am eligible for a 20% discount because even though my wife and I shared a table we had two meals and two codes hence, 10% discount for each  :wacko:

So a group of 10 should get 100 % discount and eat for free according to your logic  :cursing:

Nope, each person should get 10% discount off their own bill. If I have a dish of R150 I am eligible to a 10% discount i.e - my bill will be R135 then the same applies to the next person. 

So a group of 10 should get 100 % discount and eat for free according to your logic  :cursing:

Nope, each person should get 10% discount off their own bill. If I have a dish of R150 I am eligible to a 10% discount i.e - my bill will be R135 then the same applies to the next person. 

10% off the total will be exactly the same...

1 meal @ R150 - 10% discount = R135.

2 meals @ R150 = R300 - 10% discount = R270 = R135 per meal

10 meals @ R150 = R1500 - 10% discount = R1350 = R135 per meal

Your maths is really weak dude...

My question, which I posed to them as well (They've not yet replied). I actually know what the answer is but I'm also a "loop hole" king  :whistling:

So they have 15% off today or this weekend. Now, I'm a first time buyer and am also eligible for a 10% discount because I've registered to their newsletter and then lastly, I got a 15% discount code at the Baviaans which I can also apply. So technically I need to be able to apply all three discount codes and not just the one. 

Yes I know this means that I'm looking for a 45% discount on the items I want to purchase but lets think about this for a while: 

• Am I a first time buyer who registered for their news letter? - Yes
  • Did I receive a 15% code for the Trans2019? - Yes
  • Do they have a 15% discount running for this weekend? - Yes
  • Am I planning on buying three different items on three different occasions just to apply all three codes? - No, that does not make sense

The manager did not like the way I saw this special deal but after I asked him to then split the bill for my wife and I & I then asked my wife to go and sit at another table then he conceded to the 20%  :clap:

The website will most probably circumvent my logic by allowing me to only apply one discount code, hence only giving me the 15% discount but from a principle point of view I will then not buy anything  :D

Discount codes often say 'cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offer or sales etc etc'

So seeing that this topic has guys talking today (because why work on a Friday).  I need some advice please.  I've entered 36ONE next year and need to buy some new bib-shorts, two or three pairs, and my options are as follows:

1 - Assos T.Equipe Evo (on special at Cycle Lab for R2 699,99)

2 - Ciovita Corsa Bib Shorts (R1 499,00)

3 - Velotex Red Label (R1 460,00)

I'm currently riding in Red Labels that are six years old and I've had no issues with several rides up to 200km.  Should I stick to what I know or move onto the Assos (all hail Assos but my wallet hurts) or Ciovita with a proven Munga and Transbaviaans track record?

Thanks

Use the 15% discount code at Ciovita to get some Corsa bibs (I have several pairs and find them extremely comfortable), and use these bibs for training, as you will be doing a lot of riding in preperation for the 36One.

Wait for a special on the Assos bibs and then use them a few times before the race and then use them on the race. 

So seeing that this topic has guys talking today (because why work on a Friday). I need some advice please. I've entered 36ONE next year and need to buy some new bib-shorts, two or three pairs, and my options are as follows:

1 - Assos T.Equipe Evo (on special at Cycle Lab for R2 699,99)

2 - Ciovita Corsa Bib Shorts (R1 499,00)

3 - Velotex Red Label (R1 460,00)

I'm currently riding in Red Labels that are six years old and I've had no issues with several rides up to 200km. Should I stick to what I know or move onto the Assos (all hail Assos but my wallet hurts) or Ciovita with a proven Munga and Transbaviaans track record?

Thanks

Also look for specials on Sportful Total Comfort.

Used them for 36One plus a lot of training rides. My butt thanked me.

Haven't read this whole thread. Anyone riding Castelli bibs...if so which ones?

Mainly for ultra events?

Haven't read this whole thread. Anyone riding Castelli bibs...if so which ones?

Mainly for ultra events?

I have a couple of pairs of the Rosso Corsa. they're great but they come in a few sizes smaller.

I ride a Small  Assos bib but fit a medium Castelli.

Comfort is good but not as good as ASSOS

Edited by DieselnDust