Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

Time to ask your mates if they know someone who can come in once a week and wash,clean and iron in exchange for cash.

When I was still single I adopted the domestic engineer that came with the house... Granny Sylvia retired after about 10 years and her daughter came to work for me - then she became too ill and granny Sylvia came back with grand daughter in tow to teach her the ropes - good people all.

But yes - I can iron... courtesy of some time as a circus man - it's not a difficult skill to learn.. most women can... [emoji16]

I had to iron the kids school shirts the other day..and for a moment there I had forgotten how..I stood there with the iron in my hand and went erm..what now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to iron the kids school shirts the other day..and for a moment there I had forgotten how..I stood there with the iron in my hand and went erm..what now.

soft... another failing grade... ????

soft... another failing grade... [emoji16]

Ja nee..I am not doing to well at the mother and domestic thing atm[emoji23][emoji23]

I make a mean braai though

Edited by Gen

Until your kids have gone to school with a nice iron burn in the middle of their nice, pristine shirts they have not been comprehensively and properly raised... It shows how very much you care and do for them. Really.

Dude, if you aren't falling asleep on the couch binge watching your latest series, you are wasting your freedom.

(Honey, if you read this our joint yoga classes to prepare for bed are also lovely)

Jessica Jones s2 dropped last night. I've klapped the first 4 episodes. And I was packing for the weekend camping trip to Swellendam. With a steak & some ribs on the fire. And a glass (or 3) of wine. 

So, yeah... did that

I learned to iron in the army, starch and all. A skill I use about twice a month for when my house helper doesn't come for what ever reason. The iron and board were on my starter pack list when I moved into my own place.

Put on some tunes or a You Yube playlist, crack a beer and away you go..

Speaking of starter pack lists - the bread bin was a total waste. A loaf of bread can last me a month.. the bread bin keeps pens and other odds and ends. The freezer keeps the bread..

I can iron, I went to the army.! I recon everyone who went to the army irons well, you had to, unless you liked running to the tree to catch a butterfly. :) 

I still iron today, I dont like my clothes all creased, makes me feel untidy. 

Forget the Plank (ironing board) you dont need it, no one in the army had an ironing board and I still dont use one. You need a nice steam iron though, relatively cheap, go get one, then cut off that dumb 2 prong plug, you dont need that either, put on a good three prong plug.

Now clear all the beer bottles from your kitchen table, wipe it down well and lay a big beach towel or an old blanket over it, this is what you iron on. 

Pour yourself a drink, any one which takes your fancy, doesn't matter, I like a whiskey... heat up the iron and lay your T Shirt out on the towel like you would wear it, start ironing,...this method worked for millions of us old troops, it will work for you- some things dont need to be improved on  :lol:

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Until your kids have gone to school with a nice self induced iron burn in the middle of their nice, pristine shirts they have not been comprehensively and properly raised... It shows how very much you care and do for them. Really.

Fixed it for you....

My fiance reckons being able to braai properly is an absolute non negotiable requirement from a man so don't knock it.

Not knocking it at all boet. Just commenting on how much good meat is wasted by poor technique due to a lack of skill. So many times I have been to a braai and seen great meat cremated

I have had to learn to iron again... Sunday evenings..gooi on a tv series and watch while ironing... Can't say it thrills me.. But it's not the end of the world either

Fixed it for you....

Doctors relying on things that are self-induced is a bit Hippocratical, or perhaps not... :whistling:

Doctors relying on things that are self-induced is a bit Hippocratical, or perhaps not... :whistling:

Definitely not...

Hippocrates never referred to what other people do to themselves....