Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

Got the settlement figures yesterday.

The pension was a big eina pain. Wife's eyes lit up like floodlamps.

Never dreamed that such a huge amount that I have been squirreling away since age 23 would just vanish in a flash.

Had my work pension + a private one so i could retire early.

I will now contact a lawyer to run through the calcs and maintenance figures to see if indeed fair.

Mediator did say nowadays couples exclude pensions in their ANC contracts - s$!t.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you still love your wife, it might be wise to insist that her share of the pension gets paid into an annuity, so that she cannot touch it until she reaches 60 or 65.  In this way her foodlamp eyes will receive a hollow victory, and you can sleep comfortably knowing that she will not arrive on your or your children's door at some later stage penniless and or in debt.

(a newish trend now is for women to get divorced to get a cash payout of their husband's pension fund, often to fund their new tiyboy's lifestyle)

Also remember you are entitled to a portion of her stuff as well..

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And replaced I hope!! :whistling:

These things are so personal that it's hard to judge people on them. Just always interesting to see what's excluded. Also what the issues are that can't be settled in a divorce.

During my articles I had clients who settled millions of R's but could not agree on how to split a collection of an adult nature...

Lol..no but was replaced with few bicyles

.aah he loved his Vmax...it was an awesome bike.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you still love your wife, it might be wise to insist that her share of the pension gets paid into an annuity, so that she cannot touch it until she reaches 60 or 65.  In this way her foodlamp eyes will receive a hollow victory, and you can sleep comfortably knowing that she will not arrive on your or your children's door at some later stage penniless and or in debt.

(a newish trend now is for women to get divorced to get a cash payout of their husband's pension fund, often to fund their new tiyboy's lifestyle)

you cant insist on how or what she does with her "payout" assuming there is a payout of course.

you cant insist on how or what she does with her "payout" assuming there is a payout of course.

yep. Entirely up to her. 

It is unfortunate, as a pension fund is there for retirement purposes.  The sad thing is when it is gone, it is gone.  I pity children who have to look after parents who squandered their nest eggs.

(I am not saying it is unfair on children to care for their parents during the golden years, but it is unfair if the parents willfully neglected or wasted their pension funds on the highlife)

If you still love your wife, it might be wise to insist that her share of the pension gets paid into an annuity, so that she cannot touch it until she reaches 60 or 65. In this way her foodlamp eyes will receive a hollow victory, and you can sleep comfortably knowing that she will not arrive on your or your children's door at some later stage penniless and or in debt.

She said she is going to put it straight into her pension fund, but based on past experience I am sure she will keep a chunk for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hard day today emotionally - came back from 99'er Race to see her packing all her stuff in boxes.

Nearly shed a tear, sitting on my keyboard now.

The up's and down's of a divorce - not nice.

Hard day today emotionally - came back from 99'er Race to see her packing all her stuff in boxes.

Tough I know...Just remind yourself things will get better once she is completely removed from your life.

On the flip side I still have some of my ex's crap here....

Looking forward to burning it one of these days! :devil:

hang in there ... maybe leave the house and head to your favourite coffee shop for a cuppa with some cake (on your bicycle of course).

What ever you do, stay away from the alcohol!

Did something crazy, went to late entries and joined this for tomorrow. Hope the legs have enogh in the tank after todays race.76b5ad0a851c5ea5e1606e9740795af0.jpg

The best way to deal with things. Keep strong bud!

hang in there ... maybe leave the house and head to your favourite coffee shop for a cuppa with some cake (on your bicycle of course).

What ever you do, stay away from the alcohol!

Haven't had a drink in quite a while - don't have the time between work and chores to go to a bottlestore and I have no craving for it.