Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Our company has a global challenge this month linked to your Apple Watch. Basically, in order to achieve gold, silver or bronze, you have to get a certain number of points per day, linked to the three rings on your watch. Max daily points come from tripling your exercise and calories goal (set by the challenge app) and getting 14 stand hours, as well as your team also achieving their goals.

I am maxing my points every day, due to my competitive nature, so am foRced to do 90 minutes of exercise daily, which is really helping with the weight loss disciplines.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our company has a global challenge this month linked to your Apple Watch. Basically, in order to achieve gold, silver or bronze, you have to get a certain number of points per day, linked to the three rings on your watch. Max daily points come from tripling your exercise and calories goal (set by the challenge app) and getting 14 stand hours, as well as your team also achieving their goals.

I am maxing my points every day, due to my competitive nature, so am foRced to do 90 minutes of exercise daily, which is really helping with the weight loss disciplines.

I guess it's true then...an Apple a day is keeping the doctor away... ;)

Thats pretty cool! How does the watch know you are standing tho?

Thats pretty cool! How does the watch know you are standing tho?

You need to stand and move around for at least a minute or two in each hour

I have the same stabbing pain when walking down stairs fast . I also get when i move my arm very fast and the flesh /skin swings .( Its the only way i can explain it .  It feels as though my flesh is being torn away the bone ! . I had the same the last time i lost weight when getting back into cycling and also went to doctors for advise ( no explanation given ) Once you hit a goal weight and your body readjusts to it goes away . Carry on losing dont worry . 

Is the feeling you're describing where you experience pain, like the flesh tearing away from your bones, in your arms or legs? 

If it's in the legs, sounds like shin splints to me

So I've been uh'ming and ah'ing for a while now to make some sort of personal contribution to this group. 

I've always been around the 90kg mark and since I started cycling about 3-4 years ago it feels like my weight has been very difficult to contain.

I eat fairly healthy, no fast food, etc, but I have noticed I am eating much larger portions nowadays. My current weight is around the 96-98km mark.

I am just at a loss at some of the guys out on their bikes weighing 50-60kg.

My biggest vice is that cycling makes me very thirsty for a beer.

I feel like I'm seriously craving the gassy feeling of the beer -  coke helps too, but seriously a beer is just so much more enjoyable. Problem is, I can easily knock down 2 beers straight after a weekend ride. After a race I can do a few more.

What cravings have some of you guys get after a ride and how do you deal with it?

Of do you indulge as a reward?

So I've been uh'ming and ah'ing for a while now to make some sort of personal contribution to this group.

I've always been around the 90kg mark and since I started cycling about 3-4 years ago it feels like my weight has been very difficult to contain.

I eat fairly healthy, no fast food, etc, but I have noticed I am eating much larger portions nowadays. My current weight is around the 96-98km mark.

I feel like I'm seriously craving the gassy feeling of the beer - coke helps too, but seriously a beer is just so much more enjoyable. Problem is, I can easily knock down 2 beers straight after a weekend ride. After a race I can do a few more.

What cravings have some of you guys get after a ride and how do you deal with it?

I

I have found myself really enjoying fizzy water these days. Since I started last year on lchf I have stopped drinking anything other than the sparkling water and of course coffee.

Disclaimer: I have never been a beer drinker though.

Edited by jimmycool

I feel like I'm seriously craving the gassy feeling of the beer -  coke helps too, but seriously a beer is just so much more enjoyable. Problem is, I can easily knock down 2 beers straight after a weekend ride. After a race I can do a few more.

Oef! I feel your pain. One thing this thread has shown is that everyone needs to figure out their 'thing' that works to make the scale's numbers smaller. I've managed to do that. Beer makes the numbers bigger. So I need to compromise and sometimes the beer wins, other times it loses. When it loses, I smile at the scale. Ultimately for me, smaller numbers are more important than beer. YMMV...

Is the feeling you're describing where you experience pain, like the flesh tearing away from your bones, in your arms or legs? 

If it's in the legs, sounds like shin splints to me

Not in my legs only on my side under my arms . 

Been on a steady rise for the last 15 days. Weight loss until Feb was great. And not doing much different than last month. Maybe skipping a few shakes due to load at work and the dreaded stress levels due to doing the work of 2 technicians and the work of a client that had two people resign and I have to run the IT department of about 200 computers and 1500 users above my own work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been on a steady rise for the last 15 days. Weight loss until Feb was great. And not doing much different than last month. Maybe skipping a few shakes due to load at work and the dreaded stress levels due to doing the work of 2 technicians and the work of a client that had two people resign and I have to run the IT department of about 200 computers and 1500 users above my own work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sure you've seen that thing that says something like, "You should cycle 20 minutes every day, unless you're too busy, then you should cycle for an hour."

Is there not perhaps some way to work in a stress reliever, or at least make the meal and shake intake at the same regular intervals? If the body knows it gets fueled regularly it helps.

Is commuting perhaps an option? I find it is a huge help to get that time on the bike.

Admittedly some days you aren't thinking about work because some jackass nearly hit you in the traffic (or actually clipped you like I had the other day - fortunately I stayed on the bike), but more often than not it's just the fun of being on the bike that makes the day better.

I had 2 big Jack Black draughts, half a pizza and a big Tex after my ride this morning.

But after 6h35 and 200km I felt that I had earned it......

I had 2 big Jack Black draughts, half a pizza and a big Tex after my ride this morning.

But after 6h35 and 200km I felt that I had earned it......

Should have finished the pizza [emoji487]

I don't normally crave anything after a ride, more the night before a ride strangely enough. I crave sweet stuff, but then I substitute with a fruit or a Jungle Oats peanut butter bar.

Did a 20km ride this morning and I had run out of cracker bread for lunch, so I had a bunch of grapes.

Did a bacon and egg breakfast for the missus and I this morning. Eish bacon and egg on cracker bread is weird, the missus had hers on toast.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk