Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Reached my target of 95kg with three weeks to spare. Now on 94.5kg. Total weight loss of 30.6kg.

I'll aim for +-93kg by the 14th December, but from there on I'm going on a strict liquid(mainly beer) and braaivleis diet for the holidays. I'll keep on riding my bike everyday, and I think at best I'll try and maintain my weight over the holidays, but don't think I'll be able to drop more weight to final weigh-in day.

07 January back to strict calorie counting. 2019 target already set at 80kg.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scared to jump on the scale this week.

Family function the past weekend, rushed last miute business trip to JHB for 2 days.

No exercise [gym/bike] since Saturday. Work stres level +100, feel like crap.

oh well, will try to start again tonight.

been in the sweat box doing it properly...loosing 2 kg of sweat but eating 3 kg of carbs.

i am back to the same problem i had when i started cycling ...my legs are banging on my gut again...only this time ...while in the TT position (yes i can actually get down into that position now...taken a few years)...i have found doing the 3 minute tempo session are best spent in the tt position ...holding onto the ipad for dear life...then onto the drops for the sprints.

Hopefully this problem will once again motivate me to change my bad eating choices. 

I am below 100 kg after a good 1 hr sweat ;)

I managed to hold pretty steady between November and beginning of December. I'll have my last weigh-in on the 22nd before I start my travels to visit parents for Christmas and then South East Asia for 3 weeks. Trying to be strong for this last stretch which isn't easy with the Christmas goodies the suppliers insist of dropping off at the office...

Trying to be strong for this last stretch which isn't easy with the Christmas goodies the suppliers insist of dropping off at the office...

Luckily my contractors only bring me wine as gifts this time of year! I'm at my weakest around 11:30 in the morning and would obviously fail to withhold myself if it was stuff to eat.

So far there have been cookies and mince pies... no wine in sight. I should talk to my suppliers about the lack of alcoholic gifts  ^_^  Those would be much easier to resist by about mid-morning...

I have dropped down from 118kg to 104kg..i must say the last week I have found myself eating that piece of cake, extra scoop of carbs... dont wanna slip but its so hard

I had to pull out this year. Picked up a bit of weight since I started the new job. Went to see the diatician few days ago. Diet is spot on, just portion size was a problem.

But I was toldnot to try to drop my weight or fat %.

There is a posiblity that I will receive chemo or radiation therapy, so weight loss is a no no. Problem is I lost 1,5kg since yesterday.

I am on 84 kg. So will have try again next year after I beat cancers ass! So well done to all those who lost, and the once that did not, keep on going, and best advice I can give, see a diatician. Things we see as good is darn evil! And evil things as per some books, is just plain evi

I had to pull out this year. Picked up a bit of weight since I started the new job. Went to see the diatician few days ago. Diet is spot on, just portion size was a problem.

But I was toldnot to try to drop my weight or fat %.

There is a posiblity that I will receive chemo or radiation therapy, so weight loss is a no no. Problem is I lost 1,5kg since yesterday.

I am on 84 kg. So will have try again next year after I beat cancers ass! So well done to all those who lost, and the once that did not, keep on going, and best advice I can give, see a diatician. Things we see as good is darn evil! And evil things as per some books, is just plain evi

Good on you Cois for sticking with cycling and a good diet to "kick cancers ass " Best of luck going forward .

• 4 weeks later...

D Day tomorrow guys . I have put in over a 1000 km this month . Two  of our ladys in our regular group have entered Race to the Sun and asked our help in getting some 100 km plus training rides . We also did some serious mine dump rides taking in some good steep short climbs which really tested your climbing in the smallest gear and them coming down the same ascent with out losing control in that soft mine sand . This has helped me as well as at 89 kg one does not climb to well but the strength training on dumps has done wonders . 

When i started this journey in June 2017 i was 124 kg and had last ridden my bike 20 years ago , now 18 months later and nearly 38kg lighter i am really enjoying my riding no matter what is in front of me . There is one rider in our group who weighs 60 kg is retired and does at least 1200 km plus every month and i have set my sights on beating him up one particular climb on one of our routes . Its 3 to 4 % two km long very bumpy and technical climb . I stay with him for most of the climb but that last 200 to 300 m is just too much at this weight . So i have set my goal weight to be able to out climb him at 80 kg for the near future . I weighed myself today and was very happy considering that cakes , icecream , fizzy drinks and roasts have been the order of the day since Christmas day .Im doing a 50 km ride tomorrow morning at the OR Tambo circuit and will then put my final weight on the spread sheet for the year . 

post-111826-0-37032800-1546197483_thumb.jpg

D Day tomorrow guys . I have put in over a 1000 km this month . Two of our ladys in our regular group have entered Race to the Sun and asked our help in getting some 100 km plus training rides . We also did some serious mine dump rides taking in some good steep short climbs which really tested your climbing in the smallest gear and them coming down the same ascent with out losing control in that soft mine sand . This has helped me as well as at 89 kg one does not climb to well but the strength training on dumps has done wonders .

When i started this journey in June 2017 i was 124 kg and had last ridden my bike 20 years ago , now 18 months later and nearly 38kg lighter i am really enjoying my riding no matter what is in front of me . There is one rider in our group who weighs 60 kg is retired and does at least 1200 km plus every month and i have set my sights on beating him up one particular climb on one of our routes . Its 3 to 4 % two km long very bumpy and technical climb . I stay with him for most of the climb but that last 200 to 300 m is just too much at this weight . So i have set my goal weight to be able to out climb him at 80 kg for the near future . I weighed myself today and was very happy considering that cakes , icecream , fizzy drinks and roasts have been the order of the day since Christmas day .Im doing a 50 km ride tomorrow morning at the OR Tambo circuit and will then put my final weight on the spread sheet for the year .

Well done V8!! This years bragging rights is yours! Our paths seem quite similar.. I weighed in last week friday at 93.5kg, down from 125.1kg when I started cycling again in June 2017. I'm without a scale until 07 January, but I feel heavier already from all the food!! I've had a very active holiday so far, cycling 2-4 hours at least 5 times a week. 5km walks on the beach with the dogs daily. Kayaking 5-7km every other day. Even did a 6km trailrun event the other night(I'm not a runner!!). So I'm hoping that all the activities cancel out the increased calorie intake! Guess I'll find out on 7 January what the damage is....

well, stepped on the scale this morning and it was a rather dim number, but one that I'll take. 99.2kg after the excesses of christmas, and ending the shambles of a year at under 100kg. Not where I wanted to be, not where I'd aimed for, but closer. 

On the cycling side I've improved HUGELY on the climbs, which in turn has also led to a more enjoyable descent. Staying with my riding buddies (who are waaaay fitter than me) is a little easier, and I'm not nearly as far behind as I used to be. Still blowing like a whale, but I'm far closer to them and much stronger. 

New year = new starting position, and some revised / new goals but also some of the same. I'm not HAPPY with where the weight is, yet, but I'm getting there. Suppose I'll have to change my sig as agreed on the other thread. 

Missed out on my ride this morning as it was raining and has not stopped yet . I put in an hour on my spinning bike and 30 min on the tread mill . This gave the work out i would have had if this rain had not persisted . After a good bath a breakfast the scale still stayed in my favour with a further loss down to 86.8 kg . I would like to do a strava ride on my usual sunday route to see if i can better all the segments . 

post-111826-0-81906500-1546256908_thumb.jpg

Edited by FirstV8