See you then on the line and good luck with your race

Good luck to the AL start group. Juniors starting with them guys

Not again.  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same, Hate riding in the rain. Ruins the bike and kit. If its raining when I wake up I will still go to the venue though. You never know what its like at the venue with 30 min to go before start.

Rain can be funny at times...it might open up for the first 50 - 60km then bam it pours heavily and you have nowhere to hide :D. I have already paid, and so I am just bracing myself for any conditions.

HTFU - you (I’m generalising) fair weather cyclists are fueling the fire for abuse from the Knobbly folk... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well....you have the people staying in bed and then you have the guys that will be buying chains, cassettes, bearings, BBs, rims, tyres (potholes) because they cycle in mud.

I guess someone has to keep the bike industry thriving........ :thumbup:

Well....you have the people staying in bed and then you have the guys that will be buying chains, cassettes, bearings, BBs, rims, tyres (potholes) because they cycle in mud.

I guess someone has to keep the bike industry thriving........ :thumbup:

.... and the medical industry 

Having not ridden 94.7 last year due to mechanical issues, looks like I am starting at the back of the pack - 7.35

One of the times I hope the weather forecast is wrong.

Will wait and see what weathers like on Sunday before heading out. 

Rain early. Morning clouds. Warm.  26°C 15°C 13km/h SE 53% 26°C Low  11mm  49%

One of the times I hope the weather forecast is wrong.

Will wait and see what weathers like on Sunday before heading out. 

Rain early. Morning clouds. Warm.  26°C 15°C 13km/h SE 53% 26°C Low  11mm  49%

Me too.

Yesterday and this morning it rained early but by like 06h00 it was letting up and the rest of the day was scattered clouds and warm. So lets keep fingers crossed.

I saw a thing on twitter this morning that most of Gauteng had decent rain this morning except the vaal catchment area. Not sure how far the route is from the catchment area but lets hope if it does rain, it isn't much.

AL. Going to start there. See you all there! 

Catch you in the start pen bud!

Keep a look out for the Dark Blue Liquid Telecom Esmero Kits.

Edited by AryM

I saw a thing on twitter this morning that most of Gauteng had decent rain this morning except the vaal catchment area. Not sure how far the route is from the catchment area but lets hope if it does rain, it isn't much.

In my school (geography) days, the catchment area for the dam is further east (Standerton area).

We flew through thunder storms yesterday evening coming in over the Vaal area - from Welkom to Vereeniging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk