Epic to Rescind Past Drug Rule?

Dubber

Dalian Wanda group... A chinese conglomerate that includes commercial real estate, Malls, fast food, theme parks, hotels etc owns Iron Man, which in turn owns Epic.

It is no longer an SA owned, SA run family business.

It is a commercial holding which either hits it's target numbers or gets shut down. In order to keep hitting those numbers, they will probably have to relook at including celebrities, past doper famous cycling faces and do away with moral stand points.

Chinese business is ruthless. 

I say as a cycling community guys need to move on from AWE factor of the Epic. The blinkers on, media hyped race everyone is so enamored with is really not so different to a host of other options we have on our doorstep.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Life bans only applies to LA. Anyone else can get caught doping, serve a short sentence and come back and then we (some) cheer for them as well

What made LA different to most dopers was the scale of the operation and aspects surrounding it, ie intimidation, etc. The law in most countries makes a distinction between crime and organised crime, they made a similar distinction in LA's case. 

Doping in cycling has been around as long as the sport has been around. It is the organised variety that is doing such damage to the sport.

What made LA different to most dopers was the scale of the operation and aspects surrounding it, ie intimidation, etc. The law in most countries makes a distinction between crime and organised crime, they made a similar distinction in LA's case. 

Doping in cycling has been around as long as the sport has been around. It is the organised variety that is doing such damage to the sport.

3 words for you. Russians and Kazaks.

Yeah, I suspect they want to invite a few ex-pros to increase the publicity of the event.  And a lot of ex-pro's have a drug shadow hanging over them, which would have ruled them out from the event.

I can't imagine there are too many non pro's?  I'm sure there are a handful, but not really enough to impact the sales bank balance?  

It must be about high profile riders?

Yep - I'm with Patch on this one.  I think we would be naive to think Lance et al were the only ones with the elaborate setup.  I would imagine at least a couple other teams were there or there abouts... 

Present some real evidence in a fair trial environment.

If they fail the test then ban them too.

Yep - I'm with Patch on this one.  I think we would be naive to think Lance et al were the only ones with the elaborate setup.  I would imagine at least a couple other teams were there or there abouts... 

I think a lot of the teams and riders had the attitude - well if we don`t do it there is no way we will be competitive !!

That is a TV program, neither evidence nor a trial.

That is like saying it is true because you read it on the internet.

Like I said, present facts in a trial environment.

That is fair to everyone, otherwise we must as well just do away 

with legal systems around the world and replace them with kangaroo courts.

Bahahhaha.

Dude, have you been living under a rock?

Have you even bothered to watch the "TV program" or read up on the court cases surrounding it?

Edited by Spinnekop

So was Oprah.

Edited by Patchelicious

If it gets Luca to SA..I'm all good with it.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bahahhaha.

Dude, have you been living under a rock?

Actually I have been following it VERY closely.

I believe everyone has the right to defend their case, so will wait till that happens and see

what evidence WADA can provide other than the emails. 

So was Oprah.

Precisely!!!

Who cares what happened on Oprah, that was just a stupid publicity stunt for the masses.

He got banned by means of due process, only except that it should have happened earlier.