Epic to Rescind Past Drug Rule?

Dubber

I haven't seen any inconsisntency... Which riders did they let in that fell foul of the rule?

The whole Hincapie thing - got the VIP treatment because his offence happened before the arbitrary date set by the organisers - makes a joke of the supposedly principled stance . Not so much his participation that bothered me but how it was celebrated/promoted by the organisers.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander Vinokourov and Riccardo Ricco vs Floyd Landis and Tyler Hamilton... Boom!

I would pay loads of money to watch that

Could you maybe throw in a few ladies for us straight okes, but that does sound like a good live orgy show!

The whole Hincapie thing - got the VIP treatment because his offence happened before the arbitrary date set by the organisers - makes a joke of the supposedly principled stance . Not so much his participation that bothered me but how it was celebrated/promoted by the organisers.

I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed following the dailies on youtube of Evans and Hincapie Team BMC Absa Racing Team at the epic. They even managed to win the masters.

Sauser was visiting Clare at Lourensford, showed Clare some mtb skillz, before she moved into her R90m Clifton mansion.Christo wasn't too happy...

Sounds like a plot line to Days of our Lives....

Could you maybe throw in a few ladies for us straight okes, but that does sound like a good live orgy show!

Hahahahaha

I can never unsee that image!  :eek:

It would be pretty awesome racing though... The aggressive poncheurs vs the domestique/team leader combo.. The gravel roads around the western cape would come alive!

I agree with you that he never should have been there but the rule was followed to the letter (if memory of the timeline serves - didn't he make it by a few months or something stupid).

I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed following the dailies on youtube of Evans and Hincapie Team BMC Absa Racing Team at the epic. They even managed to win the masters.

Dooood such poor form.

If we keep glorifying dopers they'll keep doping.

I also found the limited entries now available very interesting. Has the Epic lost some ground in SA since being sold to the Chinese?

I also enjoyed watching Lance's stages podcast uploaded to youtube during the TDF last year. I can't resist, it's there to watch, it's like a drug.

Oh dear. A lost cause. .

I'm of the opinion that ALL of the riders in the World Tour and Pro Continental and probably the next tier down dope or have at some point doped/abused a TUE/used an illegal bike etc.

I still love it and I still watch it and I too enjoy Satan's Lance's pocasts

I know I will be unpopular for saying this but I think it would be good if this  lifetime ban rule gets scrapped. 

You referring to the Cape Epic rule?  If so, from what I understand, that is exactly what they are doing...

I'm of the opinion that ALL of the riders in the World Tour and Pro Continental and probably the next tier down dope or have at some point doped/abused a TUE/used an illegal bike etc.

I still love it and I still watch it and I too enjoy Satan's Lance's pocasts

Have you watched "Icarus " yet on netflix?

Believe me once you have seen that I am of the same opinion as you.

Not a dry syringe in the house.....

I'm confused. Do you think think that the Russians are innocent?

I am reserving a decision of guilt or innocence until the due process has been followed.

Especially since it is not a case of a 'positive'. 

You make the mistake that the government and their deployed cadres make when they say that someone is innocent until they been convicted in a court of law.

That is not true.

The presumption of innocence ONLY applies to the proceedings in court where  the presiding officer has to hold that position when considering the burden of proof against which the evidence  must be weighed.

I also enjoyed watching Lance's stages podcast uploaded to youtube during the TDF last year. I can't resist, it's there to watch, it's like a drug.

Similar to a train wreck, you know you should not watch it but you do - similar to watching the Blue Bulls in rugby - you know they are going to get Fu(#ed up but you cannot stop watching.