Top cycling pair hit by truck in SA accident

Andreas_187

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote "Neither rider is in danger but Vakov, 25, was left with broken vertebrae and De Plus had lung and liver injuries."

Broken vertebrae! What the hell qualifies as 'serious' these days

Why would they come to SA to train, we ride on these roads and risk the hazards because we don't have other options..my god they hv the pick of the world and they choose to come here. It is unfortunately sad for us living here to hv this further negative publicity pertaining to the risks associated with cycling ..but maybe this is what's needed to create a high profile awareness amongst the law makers

Why would they come to SA to train, we ride on these roads and risk the hazards because we don't have other options..my god they hv the pick of the world and they choose to come here.

Same reason Mo Farrah trains in Kenya and Ethihopia.

This happens all over the world and is not isolated to SA... Not a good situation at all but really do be a little more realistic.

Yeah, this isn't really isolated to SA at all. Have a look at road.cc, the news column reports a death of a cyclist in England at least once a week, and they all involve cars or lorries. 

Why would they come to SA to train, we ride on these roads and risk the hazards because we don't have other options..my god they hv the pick of the world and they choose to come here. It is unfortunately sad for us living here to hv this further negative publicity pertaining to the risks associated with cycling ..but maybe this is what's needed to create a high profile awareness amongst the law makers

The same reason Chris Froome does his pre- season training here every year, and I’m sure he could choose any destination he wanted !

If my memory serves me well was he not knocked down training outside SA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve been riding here for a while, especially Long Tom Pass.

Quite unfortunate, lets hope they recover soon. Glad Jungels wasn’t involved.

Edited by Cav'

The same reason Chris Froome does his pre- season training here every year, and I’m sure he could choose any destination he wanted !

If my memory serves me well was he not knocked down training outside SA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, he got hit in France last year. . .  

Because if they go to Spain a 73 year old lady will wipe out half the team....

Because, contrary to what some on the Hub believe, South Africa is not the k@kest place in the world.

possibly they come here because the owner of Quick Step has close ties to SA - he owns Klein Constantia wine farm - he encourages them to come out here for the CTCT etc

but this happens everywhere