Absa Cape Epic 2018

Acerunner

I thought coverage from when the UCI woman started right through to the end was world class. Excellent to see, I hope it continues through the week.

Not riding ?

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought coverage from when the UCI woman started right through to the end was world class. Excellent to see, I hope it continues through the week.

Agreed

I don’t think there is any other major marathon mtb stage race that even come close

From their website

Join us on every day of the 2018 Absa Cape Epic for the live streaming show, which will show you what happened on each stage and take you live into the action at the front of the field as riders fight it out for line honours and overall victory.  Gerald de Kock will host the live streaming, with contributers Jeff Ayliffe and Neil Gardiner from the route.

Stage Time Type Prologue 09:30 - 14:00 LIVE TV Stage 1 10:00 - 13:00 LIVE STREAMING Stage 2 10:00 - 13:00 LIVE STREAMING Stage 3 10:00 - 13:20  LIVE STREAMING Stage 4 10:00 - 13:20  LIVE STREAMING Stage 5 08:00 - 11:00  LIVE STREAMING Stage 6 09:00 - 11:30  LIVE STREAMING Stage 7 09:30 - 13:30  LIVE TV

That SPOT tracker business is a piece of bollocks...2 consecutive days of no tracking.

Yesterday it showed the missus stationary in some building in the CT CBD...

I enjoyed it.

That's all I wanted to see.Not particularly interested in Joe Soap coverage

The turn out on the route seemed good,although the start finish was a bit deserted for the top men

Looks like people in general are over the Epic. Looking at spectator numbers yesterday, it looked like a provincial XC race crowd, hardly a spectator turnout for a "World class" event 

Anyone know which model the Canyon Topeak are riding? Thought it would be the Lux models but see the shock is horizontal and not vertical like the LUX models.

thnx

That SPOT tracker business is a piece of bollocks...2 consecutive days of no tracking.

Yesterday it showed the missus stationary in some building in the CT CBD...

Maybe doing some shopping??

Anyone know which model the Canyon Topeak are riding? Thought it would be the Lux models but see the shock is horizontal and not vertical like the LUX models.

thnx

It's Canyon's new XC bike. Whether they will call it the Lux or something different, who knows?

We got some close up shots at the World Cup here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/172826-canyons-new-cross-country-bike/

Looks like people in general are over the Epic. Looking at spectator numbers yesterday, it looked like a provincial XC race crowd, hardly a spectator turnout for a "World class" event 

Full susses and twenty niners is a bore now. It's all about the Gravel bikes.

I was there yesterday and saw a gent running through the last bit of single track before the Rhodes Mem gate, with his chain hanging from the RD, and his partner carrying his crank behind him...Table Mountain, it'll get ya.