Road or Mountain bike riders are stronger /fitter/have more stamina

FirstV8

The professionals of the cycling world have more or less the same engine capabilities.

It depends where they wanna apply themselves.

So, not a great question.

The cream of the crop at the moment:

Peter Sagan

El Nino

Froome Dawg

Matt vd Poel 

Wout 

Would love to see the power curves from these guy's rides

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cream of the crop at the moment:

Peter Sagan

El Nino

Froome Dawg

Matt vd Poel 

Wout 

I think that each of these above will totally smoke the rest at their chosen discipline. eg, I can't see CF pipping PS at a world champs. does CF even enter? Same for NS etc, though Van Aert seems to have the measure of van der poel at present and by some margin. Let's see what these two manage in the classics. possibly the highlight of the coming classics season.

What is important is that roadies are generally neater & prettier - matching kit, colour coordination etc.  :devil: 

I think that each of these above will totally smoke the rest at their chosen discipline. eg, I can't see CF pipping PS at a world champs. does CF even enter? Same for NS etc, though Van Aert seems to have the measure of van der poel at present and by some margin. Let's see what these two manage in the classics. possibly the highlight of the coming classics season.

Yes, based on body build, choice of training specialization, preferences etc. someone like Froome Dawg could not nail vd Poel over 70 minutes.

What is important is that roadies are generally neater & prettier - matching kit, colour coordination etc.  :devil:

I dunno hey... saw a bunch of mtb guys the other day. clearly a wannabe-pro team with matching outfits. looked helluva neat and tidy.  :w00t:  bikes didn't match :thumbdown: , so i deducted a point :oops: . they also never said hello when i greeted them...  :whistling: clearly too pro to wave.

but... they were having fun. i was having fun. it was a fun day. bikes are fun. :w00t:

I can't believe this discussion is still going  :huh:

Everybody eagerly sitting in front of their PC's waiting for #ZEXIT have nothing better to do...

I can't believe this discussion is still going :huh:

Everybody eagerly sitting in front of their PC's waiting for #ZEXIT have nothing better to do...

Yeah

What was the original question again ????????‍♂️

Road racing is much tougher. Guys that can’t make it on road go ride MTB.

Friday is only tomorrow, you are early.

Yeah

What was the original question again ‍♂

I think it was who looks neater - roadies or mountainbikers !!

I dunno hey... saw a bunch of mtb guys the other day. clearly a wannabe-pro team with matching outfits. looked helluva neat and tidy.  :w00t:  bikes didn't match :thumbdown: , so i deducted a point :oops: . they also never said hello when i greeted them...  :whistling: clearly too pro to wave.

but... they were having fun. i was having fun. it was a fun day. bikes are fun. :w00t:

Yup, was going to say... have you ever seen an Epic start line - you could chuck road bikes under them and it would look like the start of a Euro Criterium. 

Adolf Hitler and Nazis.... there! I started the beginning of the end...

And throw in the Vela incident and there it is !!

I think we all know that 100km on road is usually far easier to ride than the same distance on a mix of jeep track and tweespoor. How else do you explain the number of grossly unfit people who manage to finish the CTCT but who would collapse on the Atta for instance.

This is just an observation. You need to train really hard to be good at either discipline i.e at the sharp end of the race.

What about triathletes?

Are they fitter than roadies and mtb'ers.

Every time I think about a Triathlon, i can't help but think back to this...

Archived