The Over 50's Support Thread.

Bonus

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but really, the thing that irritates me even more than my declining cycling abilities, is the ******* glasses that I have to wear if I want to see properly!  :cursing:

No, but really, the thing that irritates me even more than my declining cycling abilities, is the ******* glasses that I have to wear if I want to see properly!  :cursing:

This should be in the "support for over 45 thread".

Woke up when I was 45, eyes broken.

Dont forget the 2x dischems if you need to fix a flat at the side of the road, after realising that it is impossible, pull out the cell phone, cant read the dam numbers properly, eish...

This should be in the "support for over 45 thread".

Woke up when I was 45, eyes broken.

Dont forget the 2x dischems if you need to fix a flat at the side of the road, after realising that it is impossible, pull out the cell phone, cant read the dam numbers properly, eish...

I went fishing the other day, and realized that I now have to cart along 3 pairs of glasses. 1 pair of polarized sunglasses. 1 pair of reading glasses to tie on the tiny bloody flies (do you know how small the eyes on fly hooks became when I turned 50?) 1 pair of glasses to see the flies out on the water and not to fall over all the rocks. Bloody hell, I'm going to go talk "bifocal polarized sunglasses" to the eye guy on Monday! Can sommer use them for cycling too! See the road, see the bike computer, fix a puncture!

I have prescription inserts that go into my Evil Eye Explorer cycling glasses and for most things and certainly for cycling, they are perfect. 

However I now also carry my regular glasses in a hard case in my CamelBak when I'm guiding - so that I can read stuff and/or use my phone if I need to. Most times I'm fine with the cycling shade inserts but I can't afford not to be able to see properly in an emergency.

Well the romance is officially over between the Mrs and I.

She was getting dressed this morning and was complaining her boobs were pointing in the wrong directions. After a lot of pushing and prodding she eventually gave up.

I offered to help and that's when she gave me the "look"

Needless to say I walked away.

Better not let her see you on this here over 50's support fred..... she might think you are shopping for a special bra!

Did my drivers renewal without any glasses, but for reading and close up I use them. Frustrating sometimes when I forget them and browse bike shops but cant see the prices properly. 

Did my drivers renewal without any glasses, but for reading and close up I use them. Frustrating sometimes when I forget them and browse bike shops but cant see the prices properly.

This is what cell phone cameras are for... that and reading restaurant menus in low light...

Is it just me or is it this time of the year....i have just lost my MOJO for cycling, give me an in door session and i finish it with not much effort, ask me to do an outside ride and i hate every minute of it. Bailed on my morning ride this morning WTF could be wrong??

Is it just me or is it this time of the year....i have just lost my MOJO for cycling, give me an in door session and i finish it with not much effort, ask me to do an outside ride and i hate every minute of it. Bailed on my morning ride this morning WTF could be wrong??

Nothing wrong !!

Just go and ride !!

We all have days like that. When it happens to me I just think... "just get on the bike and go out there for an easy ride, just to enjoy".

This may not be such a bad thing (not seeing the prices).

• 3 months later...

How can i get "faster" on the bike during races ? Dont know it this fits in this thread but seeing i am over 50 maybe it does. I did the PE2Plett Lite and for me it was really not Lite!!! I have been training for a year now solid ( with a coach) , and i just survived out there. If i look at the other so called weekend warriors i am actually shy to say i trained for so long...........i even lost 5kg in the process leading up to the event. I actually said to my wife i was always under the impression that i am quit "tough" but FM after an event like this i really doubt my "toughness"........... :eek: