Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

I see the Tygerberg MOUNTAIN bike club has decided to go all soft for 2019 .... pink and all and all ...  :whistling: 

RESPECT and thanks to the stunning team for the speed and efficiency with 2019 registrations !!  Also a big thanks to Protea hotel for dealing with a steady stream of cyclists picking up their 2019 boards !!   :thumbup:   :clap:  

Ja, about that. 

Pink boards...that must be the only thing I dislike of the club so far...I have not an effeminate bone in my body, and pink is just a no-go for me...I will be using velcro straps in 2019 to tie that ghastly board to my bike when required, else it will not be taking it's proud place of honour as in previous years.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, about that. 

Pink boards...that must be the only thing I dislike of the club so far...I have not an effeminate bone in my body, and pink is just a no-go for me...I will be using velcro straps in 2019 to tie that ghastly board to my bike when required, else it will not be taking it's proud place of honour as in previous years.

thou doth protest too much ...   :devil:   :cursing: 

Ja, about that. 

Its not pink, its salmon!  :lol:

I jest, its proper pink!

Maybe fewer thefts now.

Ja, about that. 

who says you need to be effeminate to put a pink board on your bike? 

Does seem like some people are living in the dark ages with their implications [emoji107]

Pink board will match my pink socks [emoji41]

But you hate the TMTBC trails so much.... pray tell why are you then riding Hoogekraal tomorrow ?????? Don't forget the honesty box then as you now " don't part with your money to the TMTBC..."

Your **** counter is going up and up man. Just saying.

That's my take on pink...

I don't own anything pink. 

My wife almost ended up groom-less because she had a brain fart that I would wear a pink shirt to our wedding. I merely informed her if that be the case, I don't pitch up. She relented.

I am not telling anyone else what they should like, but to me, pink is just wrong. As for my daughter, she loves pink, and it looks great on her. Her and mommy can pink out as much as they want. Me, I don't do pink.

Alas, now I am being forced to accede to having some pink on my gunmetal grey bike. 

...thought about it, and nope, I am not willing to concede that I like the idea. I will get one, but it's done under duress, because the trails are that good. #dammit. First world problems.

I'm with you on this.

I view it as another nail in the coffin of masculine self expression that my manly merida must be festooned in such a way that it would look at home as part of the gay pride march.

If 2020 adds glitter to the board and makes handlebar ribbons compulsory I'm out.

That's my take on pink...

I don't own anything pink. 

My wife almost ended up groom-less because she had a brain fart that I would wear a pink shirt to our wedding. I merely informed her if that be the case, I don't pitch up. She relented.

I am not telling anyone else what they should like, but to me, pink is just wrong. As for my daughter, she loves pink, and it looks great on her. Her and mommy can pink out as much as they want. Me, I don't do pink.

Alas, now I am being forced to accede to having some pink on my gunmetal grey bike. 

...thought about it, and nope, I am not willing to concede that I like the idea. I will get one, but it's done under duress, because the trails are that good. #dammit. First world problems.

Anyone willing to risk sharing a pic of the new board so that we can bear witness to this horror?