Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a TMTB email yesterday that riding on the cement road up to Bloemendal restaurant is not allowed. Any reason why? Just as a matter of interest...

Got a TMTB email yesterday that riding on the cement road up to Bloemendal restaurant is not allowed. Any reason why? Just as a matter of interest...

Land owners request.

I guess they do not want bunches of cyclist weaving up the road to the restaurant, and cutting corners on the way down again. Can be quite dangerous for both visitors to the restaurant in cars, and the cyclists.

Land owners request.

I guess they do not want bunches of cyclist weaving up the road to the restaurant, and cutting corners on the way down again. Can be quite dangerous for both visitors to the restaurant in cars, and the cyclists.

That restaurant has been closed for a long time. But yes, riding the concrete road has always been a no-no.

It has never been permitted to ride the concrete road.

I am reading "into" that mail as it pertained to vehicular access apart from Emergency vehicles, and was followed up with Metro Rescue's contact details.

I am going with someone came undone on Bloemendaaler, and needed emergency evacuation?

This after Hilton Turvey did a stellar upgrade number on that trail recently. Skills were in short supply? (I say this tongue in cheek, as I bought it - the farm that is -  there a while back myself).

I am reading "into" that mail as it pertained to vehicular access apart from Emergency vehicles, and was followed up with Metro Rescue's contact details.

I am going with someone came undone on Bloemendaaler, and needed emergency evacuation?

This after Hilton Turvey did a stellar upgrade number on that trail recently. Skills were in short supply? (I say this tongue in cheek, as I bought it - the farm that is -  there a while back myself).

It's riding easier than it used to.

That restaurant has been closed for a long time. But yes, riding the concrete road has always been a no-no.

Just shows you how often I go there.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Hmm ok I rode the cement road a few times recently. Was under the impression it was a public road leading to the restaurant.

Will refrain from doing so in future.

You are a breath of fresh air, Sir!

You found out you did something wrong (although unknowingly and unintentionally), owned up to it and made a commitment to change. We all make mistakes, but the current trend seems to rather than acknowledge and move on, to be an entitled box about it. Finding this a lot in our sport with rogue riders of late...

I like you! 

It has NEVER been allowed. Many reasons that I can discuss with you in person one day

It is a beast of a climb, I must admit.

Did the top part of it once in a Mtb race, and it tested the legs, that I can assure you.

Imagine if it was open to be ridden, will definitely improve your climbing.  

Edited by Wannabe

Nope, someone drove up there as they did not want to ride up. Ignored the big sign on the gate at the cement road entrance, and used next gate.

Hmm ok I rode the cement road a few times recently. Was under the impression it was a public road leading to the restaurant.

Will refrain from doing so in future.

P Kid, it is a road on private land, how can you think it is public? Is is on the club website and one of the rules you agree to when signing up. There are signs everywhere, at the gate, and at the cement road crossings.

If you go onto the cement road you are leaving the trail? And club rule one

1. Keep to the marked trails

Please do not take shortcuts even if on Jeep track, or go “explore” areas of the farms. This is not allowed and will cause problems for the club.

Edited by Quagga

P Kid, it is a road on private land, how can you think it is public? Is is on the club website and one of the rules you agree to when signing up. There are signs everywhere, at the gate, and at the cement road crossings.

Well I thought that because it is (or used to be?) an access road to a restaurant, I am allowed to drive on that road with my car, just like I am allowed to drive on access roads on private land to many other restaurants. So seeing that I am allowed by car, why not my bike? Am I banned from riding my bike on other restaurants' access roads?

Having said that, I will respect the rules and not ride there again. At least I observe the riding times... :whistling:

Having said that, I will respect the rules and not ride there again. At least I observe the riding times... :whistling:

The riding times for the traverse make me sad  :(  can cycle out to the trails without worrying about cars after work but have to cycle back while fighting for space with the backend of rush hour.

The riding times for the traverse make me sad  :(  can cycle out to the trails without worrying about cars after work but have to cycle back while fighting for space with the backend of rush hour.

Do you know why those times were implemented? Again an entitled member.....