Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

Lean right back like Kate Courtney and get your speed just right. Not too fast, not too slow.

I think she must come show me...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't plucked the courage to ride down that 'drop' to the cement road. That culvert keeps making me think it wants to kill me...

I had an OTB when I had the courage but my front wheel got stuck in that culvert! That cement road is not the softest of landings!

Now I use the rule as an excuse to walk down there..

Edited by Skubarra

• 1 month later...

I still haven't plucked the courage to ride down that 'drop' to the cement road. That culvert keeps making me think it wants to kill me...

I completely accidentally managed to ride down it the other day. I say accidentally because while riding with a whole bunch of friends who'd never been up there before, at the mast, I remembered this thread and made the point that we must walk across the cement road there.

Queue following a braver person than me and only realising while riding down onto the road that I was in fact doing that.

Stopped and made sure the rest of the group didn't attempt to do the same thing, wasn't keen on rushing anyone to the ER.

Edit: spelling

Edited by piotter

THANKS

DANKIE

ENKOSI

A BIG thank you to the landowners for allowing us onto the farms, and Patrick and all his elves for the stunning trails !  :clap:   :clap:

Sunday mornings ride once again brought home the realization of just how fortunate we are !

Two weeks ago the vineyards showed the first leaves, today you could see the start of the bunches of grapes ....

Wheat fields getting ready for harvest.

Sharing these stunning trails with like minded people is such a privilege  :thumbup:

Thanks to BioSport for the coffee stop midway on the morning ride.

Once again, THANKS to all the land owners  :thumbup:

Just a friendly reminder for folks to be vigilant out there on the trails in the coming months, as the snake kind have made their reappearance again. I have come across the obligatory puff adder by Melkbos, and so far a mole snake, some unidentified critter and a cobra. Keep 'em peeled, people.

haha a friendly rider warned me yesterday at the begining of my ride about a cobra eating a mouse on Lombards. By the time I did Lombards (about 1hour later after doing the XCO then Bloemslang) I completely forgot about it and went straight down... Shame I actually would have liked to see that (from a reasonable distance obviously  :ph34r: ). Would have been my first Cobra, I've seen a few puff adders but no cape cobra yet.

Friday we get the customary Club email ....

Saturday morning half the trails are used for Durbie-dash ....

So off to Bloemendal we go ... then I remember another email, something about a revamp to the pump track.  NO KIDDING !!  :eek:   :thumbup:

This is a lot more than a resurfacing job !!

post-110956-0-44101600-1571476616_thumb.jpg

We walk along the dam wall to get another view of the works, staying way clear of the construction site.

post-110956-0-07895800-1571476675_thumb.jpg

Then Hilton invites us to come closer and next he shows Maritz hoe the machine works.

post-110956-0-71746100-1571476763_thumb.jpg

THANKS Hilton !  :clap:   You absolutely made Maritz's day !!

Friday we get the customary Club email ....

Saturday morning half the trails are used for Durbie-dash ....

So off to Bloemendal we go ... then I remember another email, something about a revamp to the pump track.  NO KIDDING !!  :eek:   :thumbup:

This is a lot more than a resurfacing job !!

attachicon.gifBloemendal-11.jpg

We walk along the dam wall to get another view of the works, staying way clear of the construction site.

attachicon.gifBloemendal-4.jpg

Then Hilton invites us to come closer and next he shows Maritz hoe the machine works.

attachicon.gifBloemendal-6.jpg

THANKS Hilton !  :clap:   You absolutely made Maritz's day !!

So how was Meerendal in the arvie?

hint to how I know? - "black on black"

• 2 weeks later...

Got the club-mail on Friday that the new pump track, aka previously B-Fever, is OPEN ...

Saturday morning we walked the track, figuring out the directions, options, etc ....

and then the FUN began !!  :clap:

There are just so many options on this track !!  The two brothers in the video started riding parallel courses, using the options to the max to have together.

BIG thanks to Hilton, the Club and the land owners

PS - for the "larger" kids .... the new section is nice, but be careful of the old sections.  TIGHT turns, and those thorn tree branches are pruned perfectly to keep this a KIDS track  :thumbup:

Edited by ChrisF

I always thought this pump track was for kiddies only, is it not ?

Early mornings you see the odd adult enjoying it.  Have never seen adults on it when the kids start playing ....

On Saturday morning I had about 5 minutes with Maritz on the pump track.  When the other kids got onto the track I got off  :thumbup: