[Event] Bestmed Tour Of Good Hope

PRFullstop

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been bashing the organisers a lot in previous threads but well done to them on the 2020 route  :thumbup:

https://tourofgoodhope.co.za/race-route/

Du Toitskloof, Franschoek & Bainskloof all included & a new TT route around Slanghoek

If the new route is anything to go by this event may yet be saved...

wow thats a proper route!!!

kudos to organisers, might just consider this for 2020.

I have been bashing the organisers a lot in previous threads but well done to them on the 2020 route  :thumbup:

https://tourofgoodhope.co.za/race-route/

Du Toitskloof, Franschoek & Bainskloof all included & a new TT route around Slanghoek

If the new route is anything to go by this event may yet be saved...

After reading all that, I have decided to stop eating for a couple of weeks.

Smiling and turning my entry over in my hands....

Now I need transport for the point to point stages.

Smiling and turning my entry over in my hands....

Now I need transport for the point to point stages.

Same issue here..............

Currently on about 6-10 hours per week, including weekend long rides.

Should I increase this or just the quality of the sessions.

Just finished the 4day Heritage tour in Cat2, with racing for a team captain so I sacrificed myself for him and the team.

TOGH i'll be racing for myself tho so things will be very very different. I also only did 2.5 stages of the 2018 TOGH so theres unfinished business...

Ok - Bashing no one.

But also playing a little bit of devil's advocate ...

... wasn't this year or last year's route also advertised and then changed on short notice just before the event AFTER entries closed??

(i have not yet looked at any info wrt TOGH, so i am totally shooting out of the hip here)

Ok - Bashing no one.

But also playing a little bit of devil's advocate ...

... wasn't this year or last year's route also advertised and then changed on short notice just before the event AFTER entries closed??

(i have not yet looked at any info wrt TOGH, so i am totally shooting out of the hip here)

Can't exactly remember the sequence of events but as I recall they were quiet on the routes (everybody assumed it would be the same as the last 3 years) and then at a late stage announced new routes because they didn't have permissions in place. I think the slip-up was partly due to personnel changes in the lead-up to the event -  let's hope they learned from their 2019 slip-ups

Apparently transition packages will be announced in December as per answer to an email question I sent. Replied within the hour which bodes well.

Might end up splashing out on one of these price dependent.

Same issue here..............

Can't exactly remember the sequence of events but as I recall they were quiet on the routes (everybody assumed it would be the same as the last 3 years) and then at a late stage announced new routes because they didn't have permissions in place. I think the slip-up was partly due to personnel changes in the lead-up to the event -  let's hope they learned from their 2019 slip-ups

Far as I remember there were roadworks, they were busy on Bainskloof and Franschoek pass, Traffic Department did not want to sign off on usage with those in place. 

Edit: Sorry Du Toits Kloof and Franshoek, the race went over Bainskloof

Edited by Tankman

Far as I remember there were roadworks, they were busy on Bainskloof and Franschoek pass, Traffic Department did not want to sign off on usage with those in place. 

Edit: Sorry Du Toits Kloof and Franshoek, the race went over Bainskloof

There were full roadworks on Du Toitskloof  in 2018 as well, it's possible to get the sign off despite that if you do your application in time..

For Franschoek the excuse that was given was that the new venue was too far away to make it practical (but yes, I do recall something about roadworks there). Seems that this is one lesson that was learned, cyclists don't enter for the "awesome" venue (this amazing feature the marketing team tried to punt before casually mentioning the watered down route at the bottom of the press release)