[Event] Bestmed Tour Of Good Hope

PRFullstop

Currently on about 6-10 hours per week, including weekend long rides.

Should I increase this or just the quality of the sessions.

Just finished the 4day Heritage tour in Cat2, with racing for a team captain so I sacrificed myself for him and the team.

TOGH i'll be racing for myself tho so things will be very very different. I also only did 2.5 stages of the 2018 TOGH so theres unfinished business...

So life is good and the Child is now allowing you sleep etc. Lekker. You should know that 8 to 10 hrs a week will get you to a good space if correctly structured.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were full roadworks on Du Toitskloof  in 2018 as well, it's possible to get the sign off despite that if you do your application in time..

For Franschoek the excuse that was given was that the new venue was too far away to make it practical (but yes, I do recall something about roadworks there). Seems that this is one lesson that was learned, cyclists don't enter for the "awesome" venue (this amazing feature the marketing team tried to punt before casually mentioning the watered down route at the bottom of the press release)

I think the main culprit was actually receiving that UCI accreditation.

Lots of fine print that was never taken into consideration and adjustments had to be made to ensure every box is ticked.

For 2020 they have way more time so can get all the required approvals way in advance.

Does any one know how the racing categories will work during the TOGH.

Elites is obvious.

But Team, open ,age cats?

Anyone? 

Does any one know how the racing categories will work during the TOGH.

Elites is obvious.

But Team, open ,age cats?

Anyone? 

I doubt that has even been determined yet.  Last year they completely scrapped the amateur team competition the day before the race started.

Edit:

For what it's worth, I recall we always started in four groups 10 minutes apart.

Pros

Men under 50

Men over 50

Women

There were separate leader's jerseys for each age category, so in the "men under 50" batch we had three yellow jerseys at any given time.

If there is an amateur team competition this year I guess it changes everything.

Edited by thisismyotherbike

The bike and events business always amazes me.

The race is sponsored by takealot.

A pretty awesome route has just been revealed.

The race field is limited.

Yet we see discounted tickets so soon and in a rival website to the sponsors, and

I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a solid supporter and had already entered and paid full price the day entries opened.

*Full apologies if I've got any of this wrong, it just doesn't make any sense to me

Yet we see discounted tickets so soon and in a rival website to the sponsors, and

I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a solid supporter and had already entered and paid full price the day entries opened.

*Full apologies if I've got any of this wrong, it just doesn't make any sense to me

Must say I share your sentiment.

I don't see the issue, surely the same principle would apply to every product sold at discount on Black Friday? Why should race entries be an exception?

Also I think the event is desperate for numbers (why ASG always insist on that stupid marketing blurb of "ENTRIES LIMITED to x" on events that never sell out is beyond me but that is a rant for another day) and everyone will be better off when groups are bigger with less okes having to do long solo TT's after being dropped by the main bunch.

Astute observation re Takealot sponsorship! ASG perhaps didn't think this one through.

For what it's worth, I grabbed one of those very early entries and that was in fact a better price than this deal.

If you are intimating that something does not feel right I would agree with you